✦30✦

TEMPEST B

TEMPEST B.E

"Mind your wings."

I heeded his warnings and made sure to curl my wings before the automatic door closed. "Thanks," I grinned, taking his outstretched hand. Our fingers entwined sending a chill down my spine and he lifted my hand to kiss my knuckled before pulling me in close to press his lips to my forehead.

"See no one's here," He told me reassuringly as I kept looking around. It was empty as if every human was nott in the building. When he pitched the idea of sneaking me out for the night I'd expressed to him that the security here was nearly twenty four seven and there was never a time the guards were not around but somehow he had managed to make it happen.

Still I shuffled closer to him and he directed me around the building, taking note of all the turns we were taking subconsciously. "Where is everyone?" I asked quietly, burying my nose into his shoulder and taking in his addictive scent.

"There's a human holiday they're all celebrating, you wouldn't know but it's called Valentines day," He explained, "It's kind of a huge deal back on earth."

"We had some of those too," I reminicesed.

"Holidays?"

"Mhmm," I hummed, "A bunch of them."

"Really?" He asked as we stopped in front of a large door, "Which one was your favorite one?"

I blushed, "There are too many to decide on," I told him, as I eyed the passcode he used to open the door, "Far to many to tell you all of them."

"Why not?" The door slid open, "We have time."

"-And then the people that flew the highest, or even the sneakiest of people would drop the coloured dust onto others wings. I always thought our feathers are rather dull but on that day everyone would fill the sky with colours you could only dream of," I looked down my eyes getting glassy, "I only experienced that once."

"We have many festivals of colour back on earth," He pulled me in closer to him, "You would have enjoyed them."

I nestled into him, "You speak of earth so often and fondly," My bottom lip went in between my teeth. "It makes me wonder why you all left at all."

"It wasn't compatible for us anymore I suppose," He told me, "If we had stayed there we would've died," He broke the tension by pressing a kiss into my head, "And if we had never left I would have never gotten the chance to meet you."

I tried to make a genuine smile on my face but it felt like more of a grimace as I tried to accept what he said. I changed the subject, "Thank you for sharing the sun set with me," I said appreciatively, turning my eyes to the sky. "To my people flying as the moons rise is one of the most intimate things one can experience."

"The sun is beautiful today isn't it, you're practically glowing," He complimented me. I could feel his stare burning into the side of my face but I was shy to shift my gaze. "You are the most beautiful person I have ever met, there are none like you."

My heart melted into my ribs and my wings rustled, "You really think so?"

He pushed my wings to the side and thumbed the straps of the shirt he had given me a few weeks back, "So special," He murmured into my ear before leaning in and pecking my shoulder. His soft kisses soon turned hard as he began to suck on my flesh. "I love you Tempest."

"T-that's not my name," I reminded him, leaning more into his embrace. "My name is-

"I know baby I know," He ignored me, pulling the straps down my shoulders and moving to press his mouth to my chest. "But it's so hard to pronounce, difficult to roll off the tongue you know? I think Tempest suits you so much better," He hummed, his talented hands moving to touch me further. "And besides, I just admitted I love you and you didn't say anything. That's a bit rude isn't it? You don't love me?"

"No no," I shook my head, "I-I love you too," My nerves skyrocketed as I realised how much of my skin was beginning to be revealed to his eyes. "W-what are you doing?"

"Showing you how much I love you."

The light set on our bodies as we pressed up to each other skin to skin. My back arched into his wandering hands as he felt me in a way no one had ever done before. Something so intimate that had unfamiliar sounds leaving my lips and foreign feelings blooming from me. I was in love, completely in love with this human.

"Ambrose," I hummed, tracing paterns on his bare chest.

We both were still slick with sweat and his chest still heaved slightly as we laid beneath the stars, "Yes my love?"

My cheeks burned, "Would you take me to see my people."

He froze and I almost thought I had said something offensive when she shoved me off of him and began reaching for his clothes. "You just had to go ruin it didn't you?" He scoffed.

"Sorry did I," I cleared my throat, trying to get rid of the lump that had formed as he threw me an angry glance. He'd never looked at me like that before. "Say something wrong?"

"Why would you mention that now?" He spat.

I recoiled at his tone, "No I was just thinking, I've had such a great time with you but I'm ready now to see everyone else," I repeated more couragesouly.

His fiery eyes didn't falter, "I've told you I don't have the power to do that."

My eyesbrows came together and my feathers began to stand up, "But you have the authority to get me to leave the building?"

He ran his hand through his hair and shook it as he clumsily pulled up his pants. "That's different, Tempest."

My wings curled around me to hide my naked body, "That's not my name," I replied quietly.

"Well I don't know your fucking name!" He cursed, "Shit! Do you think anyone's actually remembering that? I can barely pronounce it."

"You've never tried," I whispered, watching him pace around as if in search of something. "Ambrose where are my people?" I asked him again more seriously.

He ignored me, muttering under his breath and cursing to himself. I glanced at the small little card that he had used to get us here and slid it underneath my feathers. "Ambrose?" He ignored me, "Ambrose I want to see my people."

"God Tempest I didn't think you were actually this dense," He laughed dryly. "You actually think I'm going to take you to see the other Martians? Where on Mars do yo think we're keeping all those people? Who do you think is feeding them? Keeping an eye on them?"

My eyes began to burn and I avoided his eyes to instead look above him at the moon in the sky, the singular moon."You said they were taken to cells on the other side of the building."

"And we would leave you, only you, in a singlular empty cell? What's so special about you?" He screamed in my face, "Don't look at me like that, surely you actually didn't think we'd kept prisoners of war just lounging around in fucking cells! They're dead Tempest, gone!"

I tried to look away from him but his hand shot out to grab my chin in a bruising grip, "You want to see another Martian? Huh? Look in the mirror! Because you're the last one fucking left!"

*+:。.。  。.。:+*