✦26✦

A S T R A

A S T R A

"There's something off about this place," I said slightly underneath my breath.

"You don't say?"

My eyes rolled underneath my helmet, "Besides the obvious," I shot back before taking another look around. "I haven't seen a normal person since we got here."

"A normal person?' She replied, glancing at some of the humans that walked past us on our way to the dome's butchery. "Are humans supposed to look different."

I eyed some of the humans that were standing in line to get some food, "Not how they look silly, who they are," I pointed at the humans, "Like every person in that line over there is a billionaire back on earth."

"A billionaire?" She asked in confusion.

"Like a stupidly rich person," I looked around us and locked eyes with someone who was chatting with other people on a bench, "Those two over there? The blonde one's a duchess and the dark haired one is literally the president of Mexico's daughter."

Sol barely spared them a glance "So what? Everyone in here's a celebrity?"

"Sunshine, the boy that came to pick up our mail was the lead singer of a popular boy band back on earth, like I mean very popular," We turned around the corner and I stopped walking for a second, "Even Teegan's mother is a well-known actress and Kofi's parents are huge oil tycoon's."

"They have the rich and widely famous in here doing desk jobs and running security," I exclaimed, "Where are the regular people!"

"Maybe they're doing the other jobs that we just haven't seen yet?"

"Yeah and the royalty are okay with scrubbing the floors?" I sarcastically replied, "No, they put them somewhere else. Perhaps there are other domes?"

She shook her head, "Wouldn't Tempest have mentioned them?"

"Or maybe there other levels of this dome," I frowned, the idea not even making sense to me, "Like floors?"

"Don't think about it too hard, " She gestured to a little building up ahead, "Look there's the butchery."

I nodded, still in deep thought whilst Sol began to lead me to our destination with her hand low on my back, rubbing circles into my suite for comfort.

My eyes followed the short round man who had greeted us at the entrance. He was surprisingly the only working here, Henry Muller, a man who if I remembered correctly came from a family that owned a plantation and used to the blood money to help fund a couple of wars. He had the kind of wealth that made law enforcement skip over him and the tax collectors go blind, and now here he was, showing me frozen meat.

"I was just wondering if the last time I was here I might've left something?" I asked him with a feigned nervous laugh as I patted down my pockets, "I seem to have misplaced one of my...keys?" I searched for any indication he had a clue what I was talking about but his face came back blank.