Chapter 26

There were 3 weeks left since the wedding, giving me plenty of time to execute the plan I had in mind. for my cause, I approached who I thought would help me, at every step. I knocked on the door and waited patiently. I heard shuffling on the other side and soon the door was open and a sleepy Jimin stood in front of me. 

"I need your help"

time skip 

jimin and I stood alone in the place, which happened to be the armory. we had sneaked in like thieves and were currently holding swords-jimin was at least. "and what brought your interest to learn this?" he asked while examining a few swords that hung on the wall to our right, I guess looking for the one most appropriate for me. "I dont want to hide anymore...and the enemy is in our land, sleeping under the same roof I don't want to wait for taehyung or guards to show up in case something happens" 

something had already happened. 

"well you are not wrong but you could have asked taehyung, he is good at sword fight"

"I don't want him questioning me and worrying about me. and this is just a precaution nothing else"

I said and looked at him with a half smile.

"you can't fight in those clothes"

I looked down at my beige gown which had a brown corset tied in the front. It was simple, nothing fancy because it made movement easy, and taehyung said and I quote "The fewer clothes you wear the easier it is to get you naked". he had changed my wardrobe a long time ago, replaced all the fancy gowns with much simpler ones but only those that I liked. plus putting on the fancy ones was a hard job, all those layers of skirts. ugh. 

"what should I wear then? something manly I guess" I rolled my eyes 

"First learn the basics and when you are good enough I believe you will be able to fight in whatever you wear"

I feel better after hearing Jimin's answer. when I showed up at his door asking him to teach me how to fight he didn't question me. he just changed and now, here we are. 

"what do you want to learn? self-defense?" jimin asked and analyzed the sword he just picked up. from the looks of it, I guess it is made of wood. 

"no. I want to be able to kill " I said with a straight face to which Jimin looked over with an eyebrow raised. "kill people?" he asked and tossed the sword in my direction. I caught it.

wood. 

"if you aren't aware, this whole kingdom hates me for the very reason that I am fucking their king."

"but you are not just fucking him. you love him"

"I do but that's not what the people think. if you didn't know, the world hates happy women"

we hold each other's gaze for a minute too long. I grip the hilt of the sword tightly and raise it slightly. "let's get on with it" 

time skip 

I was panting and sweating. a lot. my whole body ached. I could feel every single muscle as I walked down the hall to our chambers. I needed a warm bath right now. opening the door I walked straight in without looking only to bump into something hard. "ouch" I whined and rubbed my forehead. "where were you?" I heard taehyung voice from somewhere above my head. I raised my head to look at taehyung who glared down at me. "and why are you all sweaty?" he questioned again and grabbed my elbows. he pulled me in and closed the door behind us. "uhh..umm.... I ran here because I was getting late"