(4) 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.

.

.

.

I took a deep breath and clenched my jaw harder looking at the dead person lying on the operation table, I failed to save his life.

The blood on my hands are making me feel breathless and I felt suffocating, my breath abnormal and I felt my chest become heavy.

My heart beat increased just thinking about the child's parents, who are waiting for me outside the OT, wondering what I would answer if they asked me about their son.

I grinded my teeth and finished the stitching of the skin on his chest.

"Nurse, wrap the toe tag on the body's feet, and tell Dr. Bajaj that the baby boy is no more."

I says coldly and cut the string by the scissor, his heart was already very weak, the operation was big that's why the baby's body couldn't bear it. we tried our best to save his life but seems like God has planned something else that is why he took the baby boy with him.

I pulled down my mask from my mouth and breath harshly looking at the baby's cute face, my heart clinched and I felt very bad that I failed to save his life.

"Hey you okay?"

I heard her soft voice which makes me shiver silently and I gulped down my saliva feeling my throat getting dry and hurt, I looked away from the body and licked my lips.

If I'll stays here then I will lose control, I need to get out from here before it's too late.

"Naina, after this come to my cabin."

I said softly and turned to walked towards the washroom to wash my little bloody hands, since I was wearing my gloves the blood are not on my bare hand.

I open the door with my legs and get inside.

After washing my hands neatly I looked my reflection through the mirror and sighed feeling very strange. My heart beat did not relaxed yet it's still beating very hard.

"God.."

I whispered huskily and gulped multiple times to soothe the burning sensation in my throat, why my throat is hurting that much.

Due to this I couldn't even eat my breakfast which Mom cooked for me, and now I am feeling hungry, my stomach is also growling.

Oh god please help me.

......

"Doctor, doctor please stop."

I heard a crying voice which makes my heart beat increased and I froze on my place, I thought that I don't have to face them but no.

I slowly turned holding my cabin's door, I was about to go inside my cabin but couldn't after hearing the mother's voice who's son is no more.

"Doctor, h how my child is? Is h he alrigh--"

"Dr. Dhani."

I turned my gaze at the manly voice and sighed of relief, he is my saviour, god thanks.

"Yes." I whispered looking at his calm face.

"Dr. Pooja and Dr. Siddharth is calling you."

I nodded and looks at the lady who was crying while covering her mouth, I felt bad looking her breaking and crying like this.

If her condition is like that then how will her condition get after knowing about her son's death, god gives me some strength please.

I took a deep breath and spoke gently.

"I am sorry but he is no more."

She broke into cry and sat down on her knees and covered her face, I fist my palm and look down at her, suddenly a men maybe in his 40 come closer to her and gently gathered her in his strong arms while whispering something near her ear, the view already making me feel very strange and don't know what is this..