Chapter 8

Amara's POV

"Henry I'm going insane" I said walking quickly into the classroom. I pulled a chair close to Henry's desk and placed my notebook down on his desk "how did you get this again?" I asked his.

I was revising and the more I did, the more I feel like fucking shooting myself in the head.

"Okay just calm down" he said and closed the book he was reading.

There are only a few minutes left for the class to start.

I felt his hand being placed on my thigh and gripping gently because I was bouncing it up and down nervously.

"It's okay" he reassured and I felt myself relax a little. He started telling me how we did the equation quickly before the bell rings.

"Okay, everyone in their place" Mr. Allen said as he walked into class

"you got this" Henry held my chin and made me look at him "I believe in you"

It's nice to know that someone believes in me.

I really don't want to disappoint him.

I got in my place and did as best as I could in my exam.

———

It was now the day after the exam so now we'll be getting them back with our grades.

"No need to be nervous, Amara" I turned to look at Henry when he said that "what if I fail the exam? That'll be humiliating" I whispered so the teacher doesn't hear us "no it won't be. You already finished your exam, there is nothing you can change now so don't beat yourself up about it"

I nodded my head and let out a breathe as I waited for the teacher to hand me my exam.

The bell already rang since he said that he wants to give it to us in the end of the class. Fucking asshole.

He placed my exam paper on my desk "this is a lot of improvement Miss Murray" I looked down at my exam and saw that I got a C minus.

I jumped out of my chair happily and showed my paper to Henry "I got a C minus" I said making him smile as he packed his stuff "good job"

"That's not such a good grade you know" Carter said and I rolled my eyes at him, laughing at what he said knowing that he's just teasing me "whatever"

He laughed and walked out of class with the others "are you proud of me?" I asked poking his chest when he stood up and placed his backpack on his shoulders.

He smiled and nodded "very proud of you" he said making me smile "I know" I said looking down at my test again "my mom is so putting this on the fridge" Henry laughed at what I said.

"Okay now go to your next class. Keep up the good work" he said making me pout "but I got a good grade. I deserve to be rewarded for it" he rolled his eyes at me and shook his head "you can celebrate after school"

I took my stuff and started walking with him out of class "but school is no fun" I whined making him laugh "that's the whole point"

He got to his class and looked at me "see you later, C girl" he said making me smile "wait do you mean cunty girl or C minus girl? Eh don't answer that, I'll take both"

Henry laughed and stepped back "go to class, Amara."

"I'll think about it"

"My dad is in the hospital" Brooke said making me frown my eyebrows. I sat closer to her on her bed and pulled her into my embrace "I'm sorry to hear that baby"

"Is he gonna be okay?" Lane asked as her and Jade sat closer to us to comfort Brooke with me "I don't know. He has to go through a really dangerous surgery but we can't even afford it. We can barely cover half of it"

I frowned my eyebrows and kept playing with her hair "we'll help you" Jade said making me look at her "we can do a car wash thing. You know the ones you see on tv where there are half naked girls washing cars"

"Do you think it'll get us enough money though? The surgery costs like 32 thousand dollars" Brooke said and Jade nodded her head "ask the doctor if you can pay half or a little more than half of it before the surgery and the rest after"

Brooke sniffed and lifted her head off my shoulder "do you think girls would offer to help though?" She asked and I laughed nodding my head "almost all of them are sluts who would take any opportunity to be naked and sexy" I said making her laugh "you don't have to worry about the girls, we'll handle everything for you" I reassured as the girls nodded along with me.

Brooke smiled softly at us "I love you guys"