Chapter 36

Amara's POV

"This is proof that I am madly in love with you"

I laughed at what Henry said as we stepped into the school to attend the dance they were holding.

I was wearing a long black dress that was opened on one side and Henry was wearing the sexiest fully black suit alongside some sexy jewelry l picked out for him so we can match a little bit more.

I didn't know what I wanted to wear for the dance until I realized that I really wanted to see Henry in a black suit so I chose a black dress to match with him.

We look so good oh my fucking god.

"You guys look so fucking good" Angela said coming towards us.

Henry and I exchanged looks because what the fuck is this?

Didn't she hate Henry and call him weird? What does this bitch want now? I swear to god if Carter put her up to something I am going to murder him with my bare hands.

She gave me a hug then gave Henry a hug as well which Henry did not return. Okay good because Angela said so many rude things to my gut, I'm happy he didn't just let it slip.

"Let's go get something to drink" Angela said. I looked over at Henry who rubbed his forehead in frustration "just a drink" I said to Henry and he nodded.

We followed Angela and she poured us something to drink then pulled out an alcohol container, probably filled with tequila.

"I don't want to drink" Henry  said and Angela laughed "come on Henry, just a little" she handed hi the drink with alcohol in it and I took it from him "she doesn't want to drink, Angie" Angela rolled her eyes at me and handed Henry another drink with no alcohol in it.

I can tell that Henry is really anxious and irritated in the presence of Angela. I get it because Angela is a pain in the ass, it'll be so hard to get rid of her now.

I stopped holding Henry's hand and wrapped my arm around his shoulder so I can be closer to him. He smiled a little and relaxed, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Aw you guys are cute. How long have you been together?" She asked sipping her drink "not that long" I simply answered, hoping she'd get the hint that she's unwanted right now.

"So you guys are.. official or what?" She asked, looking Henry up and down making me raise my eyebrows and tense up, getting ready to fight a bitch.

I know that look.

"She's my girlfriend. What do you want Angie?" I asked unwrapping my arm from Henry's shoulder "I'm just asking" I nodded my head with a fake smile on my face "yeah because I'm stupid and don't know what you actually want-" Henry held my arm making me look at her "it's unnecessary. Let's just go"

"Wait you think I want Henry?" Angela asked and I crossed my arms

"isn't that it?" I asked raising my eyebrows. She laughed and shook her head "not in the way you think. You can keep her romantically, I'm thinking more of a physical thing"

"You did not just say that-" Henry pulled me back gently when he noticed how pissed off I was.

You would be too if a bitch was talking about having sex with your boyfriend right in front of you "let's go" Henry said.

We walked to the empty hallway of the school and Henry stopped us

"why did you stop me from beating her ass? She has nerves to fucking say that about you right in front of me like am I not your girlfriend?"

"Baby of course you are but I didn't want the night to be ruined from the beginning. Who the fuck cares about her and what she says?" I sighed and crossed my arms "I bet you loved the fact that she wants to have sex with you" I said kind of jokingly.

"Baby no. Sex is so important to me because it makes me vulnerable to the person that I love which is you. It isn't just a physical thing for me. It's not only for the pleasure of it. It just makes me feel close to you and intimate with you, something that will never happen with anyone else because I know you're the only one I want in my life"

"No matter what happens, no matter who tries to get in between us, nothing will ever change the love I have for you. Even if we separate from each other, I know for a fact that we'll make our ways back into each other's lives because I genuinely believe that you are the love of my life"

I didn't expect all of this but it definitely makes me feel amazing and more reassured about everything.

Also brought tears to my eyes but that's whatever.

"Henry .. I fucking love you" I said making him laugh. He gently held my face which made me finally tear up because he's literally the most gentle person to me. It makes me feel so safe with him.

"I love you" he said back as he leaned in to kiss my lips. I placed my hands on his waist and moved my lips with his.

"Is my makeup ruined?" I asked making him laugh. He shook his head and placed a strand of hair behind my ear "you look absolutely perfect"