Chapter 37

Amara's POV

"You know your parents don't like when I come over this late baby. Your mom already isn't the biggest fan of me" Henry said as we stood in front of my front door after the dance finished.

We might've gone to a little party after and drank a little. Well, I drank and Henry took care of me.

"Just take me to my room please" I pouted and placed my hands on the sides of his neck "but I'll leave after" I smiled and nodded my head, pecking his lips before unlocking the door and stepping in with Henry.

I shushed him and he looked at me weirdly "your heels are making the sounds, not me" I laughed at what Henry said then covered my mouth "be quiet" I said to him and he shook his head in disbelief, knowing drunk me is just weird.

He got on one knee and held my calves, hinting for me to take the heels off. I lifted my foot up a little as I placed my hand on his shoulder to balance myself and he took the heels off for me.

"Come on" he wrapped his arm around my waist as he held the heels with his other hand then walked with me towards the stairs

"you're such a good boyfriend " I said not very quietly "let's save the talking until we get to your room" he whispered to me.

I smirked at what he said and he laughed "not like that baby" we got to my room and stepped inside. I turned the lights on and he closed the door as I made my way towards the bed.

I dropped back on the bed and moaned a little at the nice feeling of laying on my bed after a long day.

"I'm gonna go baby" I looked at Henry and shook my head "don't go, stay with me"

Henry's POV

She pouted her lips and looked at me with puppy eyes knowing ! can't say no to her now.

I groaned and got in bed with her after taking my jacket off "but I'm leaving before your parents wake up. Your mom already hates me"

She hummed and put her head on my chest "can you fuck me?" She asked looking up at me "you're drunk. Go to sleep"

———

"Isn't this an amazing coincidence?" My heart dropped when I heard Amara's mom speak as I'm trying to literally sneak out of her house.

I turned around and looked at her mom who had her arms crossed "I-I don't know what to say. Mar wanted me to stay over but I swear nothing happened" I explained.

"I used to like you so much Henry but after what happened at that party.." mentioning the party pisses me off more than one can imagine but blaming me for it makes me get on another level of anger.

"You're acting as if I didn't almost go to jail for your daughter" I spoke up with a bit of a rude tone "excuse me?"

"I'm tired of sitting here and getting badly talked about and blamed for what happened. I'm the one that stopped it from developing into something more damaging for Mar. I got taken to jail because I put Carter in the hospital and I have to do community service but l have never complained once about it because I don't regret what I did"

"I defended someone I truly love and I don't get why you would even think it was my fault when all I did was defend and protect her"

"And believe it or not, I gave you as many excuses as I could to why you were blaming me for everything because I genuinely think you have good intentions but have a poor way of showing them. I thought that maybe you are just a mother that is extremely mad about the fact that she couldn't defend her daughter when something like that happened"

"But l am so tired of shutting up and taking the heat for something that is not my fault. What happened was Carter's fault, period. It was neither my fault nor Amara's fault so please, I am begging you to stop making me feel more guilty than I have been already feeling"

After I finished talking, she didn't respond to what I said and I noticed that I was breathing heavily so l opened the door and left the house.

I got in the car and held the steering wheel tightly, placing my head back on the seat as I took slow and deep breathes.

I blame myself for not being with Amara the whole time. I hate myself for it but hearing it from someone else while I am trying my hardest to fight those thoughts makes it worse for me.

I know it's not my fault, I know it isn't but i believe that I could've done something more. I could've ditched the guy I was with and kept an eye on Mar the whole night. I could've tried to have fun with her so she doesn't stay alone at a party.

I could've done anything but I chose to sit outside with some high boy instead of keeping an eye on my girlfriend.

Amara is old enough to take care of herself, I know that but as her girlfriend I feel like it is my duty to keep my girl safe and protected.

I failed miserably at that.

I stopped it from getting worse but I shouldn't have let anything happen.