Chapter 35

Henry's POV

"Hey" I smiled widely at Amara and wrapped my arm around her shoulder, kissing the side of her head "hi"

"I'm so proud of you for coming to school. You're a very strong woman" I said to Amara making her smile. She leaned in and kissed my lips "I am my mother's daughter after all. Bottling up my feelings is a specialty now"

I frowned my eyebrows at her comment "you and your mom still aren't talking?" I asked and she nodded "we won't talk unless I apologize but l am not apologizing like I always do. I didn't do anything wrong so fuck her"

I nodded my head and ran my fingers through her hair, making her calm down a little and smile "I'm here whenever you wanna talk" I reassured making her roll her eyes "is it that obvious?"

I know when Amara is upset but doesn't know how to bring it up or talk about it. She acts normal but there is always something off.

I've always known when she was upset, even before we got together.

It would upset me when none of her friends noticed and asked her about it because I can't just walk up to her and make her open up to someone she barely knows.

"I know my girl" I said making her tilt her head slightly to the side as her eyes sparkled a little "you better not open that pretty mouth of yours in presence of other women. I don't need more girls getting on their knees for you, that's my thing" I laughed at what she said as she leaned in to kiss my lips again.

I was pushed roughly making me turn to see that it was one of Carter's friends "asshole" he said to me before walking away with Carter who just smiled at me, knowing I can't do shit because of that restraining order.

"You okay?" Amara said placing her hand on my stomach "yeah" I forced a smile on my face and the bell rang "come on, let's go to class"

———

Amara's POV

"I've never seen Mar like this. This bitch is in" I groaned loudly and turned my phone off, placing it down on the table "she's in love" Brooke said smiling at me.

"Shut upppp" I said blushing hard at what she said "Mar's in love" Lane sang making them laugh and me blush even more.

I am in love. I'm sooooooo in love.

"I know. Ugh it's so awful. I get butterflies when I get a text from him like that's so pathetic" anddddd I'm worried about him thinking I'm going too fast and won't say he loves me back if I do tell him.

"Oh my god. It is so extremely pathetic that Amara Murray actually has feelings" Jade sarcastically said making me roll my eyes at her

"it's a beautiful thing Mar, enjoy it" she added.

It is a beautiful thing and I am happy about it but what if he breaks my heart?

All of this seems too good to be true.

This is the first time my relationship is fun and healthy.

I was always on edge in every relationship. Having multiple fights a week, barely eating, crying myself to sleep, feeling degraded and having very unsatisfying sex.

Everything has changed and it's all new to me.

Sure, we fight but it's never that bad anymore. At least it doesn't feel like we're going to breakup every time we fight and that's all thanks to Henry's constant reassurance.

He makes me feel safe, happy, sane and just amazing in general.

Henry is definitely the man I am going to spend my entire life with.

"Give me a second mom l'm getting dressed" I opened the door to Henry's room who was getting dressed "stay naked" he snapped his head in my direction and placed his shirt down again instead of putting it on.

I stepped inside of his room and closed the door "what amazing thing did I do to deserve to be in your presence at this fine evening, my love?" I laughed at what he said "what are you watching? Or reading?"

"I don't even know. My mom gave me this book, they talk like this. Is it sexy?" He said making me laugh once again. And i forgot to mention that he makes me laugh a lot.

I wrapped my arms around his neck "everything you do is sexy" I said leaning in to kiss his beautiful soft lips.

We started making out "I have learned from my mistakes so l'm not gonna come into the room.." we backed away from the kiss and laughed at what his mom said ".but I'm leaving and I left some money downstairs for food. Love you, the both of you"

I smiled widely looking at Henry who smiled, seeing how happy I got when his mom said that "I love you too!" I said excitedly making Henry laugh a little "love you mom"

Henry pecked my lips "you're cute" he mumbled before kissing me again.

After a bit of making out, we were now on the bed. I was laying down as Henry was in between my legs, holding one of my legs and rubbing it gently while we were messily making out.

"I love you" Henry mumbled when he backed away from the kiss for a bit.

I stayed quiet as excitement and joy filled my body. He said that she loves meeeee.

"I'm sorry, did you not want me to say it yet?" He asked sitting up. I shook my head "no- I mean yes, I wanted you to say it now not that I didn't want you- I love you too" I said cutting myself off mid explanation because I'm just going to confuse the both of us if I keep going.

Henry smiled and pecked my lips "I love you" he repeated again making me smile "I love you"