Chapter 34

Henry's POV

I was taken to a cell after I had talked to my lawyer and everything. I really hope I don't sleep here.

I want to leave so I can go see Amara and make sure she's okay.

I laid down on the very uncomfortable bed because it's been like an hour or two since l've been here and I'm going to go absolutely insane if I don't see my girl or at least hear from anyone that she's okay and out of the hospital.

I closed my eyes hoping l'd fall asleep but of course, I couldn't.

I sat up again and stood close to the bars, calling for one of the officers "can I make a call?" I asked and he shook his head "no" then he just walked away before I could even say anything else.

The urge to just bang my head to the metal bars right now is so strong.

Hours passed by and I still have not seen a single human being other than the police officer guarding the cells.

I was sitting on the ground with my back against the wall, my knees up to my chest as I was resting my head down on my knees.

What if I actually go to prison for this?

How am I supposed to survive there without my mom and girlfriend?

They're my everything.

If I lose them, even for a short period of time, it'll be so painful for me.

I'll get to see them sure but what's the point if it's only for like an hour and I can't touch or hug them?

I lifted my head up quickly when I heard the cell open "come on" he said standing aside so I can walk past him "handcuffs" I rolled my eyes and let him put the handcuffs around my wrists.

It's not even necessary, they're just doing too much.

He walked with me to some room and as we were walking, I noticed that the sun was out by now. How is Amara doing? I need to know.

I stepped into the room he took me to and saw my mom and a lawyer

"take the handcuffs off" the lawyer said to the officer who nodded and took them off for me "sit down, Henry"

I sat down beside me mom and she fixed my hair for me "are you okay baby?" She asked me and I nodded my head "is Amara okay?" I asked her and she smiled, nodding her head "she's leaving the hospital today"

I relaxed and sat back in my chair, letting out a sigh of relief knowing Amara is okay. Thank fucking god. Now I just need to get out of here and go see her.

"We have a solution for all of this since Carter's family won't drop the case even though, as you and your mom said, he was in the wrong" the lawyer started off and took out some papers, placing them in front of her on the table.

"Do I have to go to prison or something?" I asked nervously. The lawyer shook her head with a soft smile "no, don't worry but you do have to pay bail and do community work for a while"

"How much is the bail?" I can do community service, not a big deal but the bail is going to cost my mom so much.

"Don't worry about that. I already took care of it" my mom said placing her hand on the back of my neck.

"After you sign this, you can walk out of here but the community service needs to be done" I nodded my head and looked down at the paper she gave me.

"It's a total of 200 hours of community service. Needs to be done in a month since it's one of the Armstrong's rules for them to not take you to court which might lead to you going to prison. Also, they filed a restraining order against you" Oh please. As if I care.

"Good. I don't wanna be near that man" 200 hours a month is a lot especially when I have a lot of exams coming up alongside working at the garage. This is going to be exhausting.

I signed the papers and looked at my mom who kept scratching the back of my head for comfort "you wanna go see your girlfriend?" She asked and I nodded excitedly making her laugh.

"Come on"

———

I saw Amara stepping out of her hospital room with her parents and I smiled when I saw her.

She's been in the hospital for a day after a long and exhausting night and yet, she still looks absolutely gorgeous.

Her eyes finally landed on me and she smiled widely. I went closer to her and I hugged her tightly "I'm sorry you had to go through all of that" she said into the hug.

I closed my eyes and placed my head in the crook of her neck "it's okay. I'm just happy you're okay" I said not wanting to let go of her.

I backed away from the hug and cupped her face, leaning in to place a gentle kiss on her forehead "how are you doing sweetheart?" My mom asked Amara making her smile softly "I'm okay thanks to your daughter"

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed the side of her head "hey give me some credit. I raised her" we both laughed at my mom's joke, knowing she just wants to lighten up the mood "of course of course" Amara said laughing.

"I'm gonna be waiting in the car" I heard Amara's mom say as she walked past us. I looked at Amara to see her mood completely change "everything okay?" I asked her and she just shrugged.

I know how complicated Amara's relationship with her mother is but this is just unnecessary especially when Amara just left the hospital after a very traumatic event.

I'm furious about what happened but not at Amara. Sure, she was a bit irresponsible to drink a lot of alcohol but she wasn't only drunk, he gave her something which she couldn't have taken willingly.

And the last thing Amara needs right now is her mom being angry at her for something completely out of her control. She needs her mother by her side.

At least save the anger for later.

"Henry." I looked at her dad"can I talk to you?" I nodded my head and felt a bit nervous. Amara smiled reassuringly then I went a bit away from her and my mom so I can talk to him.

"I'm sorry on behalf of Amara's mother. She's upset about what happened and she lashed out on you which should've never happened. You protected my daughter and I am.." he took a deep breath as tears filled his eyes.

".so grateful for that. I can't imagine what could have happened to my baby's physical and mental health if you didn't stop Carter. Thank you so much"

He put his arms out for me and I hugged him "you're a good kid. I'm glad she met you" it was my turn to tear up a little bit.

Her dad gives the softest hugs ever.

We pulled back from the hug and he smiled at me "you have my blessing" he said squinting his eyes at me. I laughed at what he said

"sir I love your daughter but I'm not marrying her yet" I said and he shrugged "I think you should"

He patted my back as a laugh left his mouth "I'm gonna go have a little chat with Amara's mother. Amara said that she wants to stay at your house if that's okay" I nodded my head as we walked towards them "of course that's okay"

"Aren't you two little cuties?" Amara said pulling us both into a hug "crying and hugging like good ol' friends" she added making us laugh.

Her dad kissed the side of her head as I stayed beside Amara "Have a good time, princess. Text me if you need anything."