Chapter 9

Amara's POV

"It's literally so cute" I said looking at the papers that jade printed for the event we're holding to raise money for Brooke's dad.

It was a poster with everything written on it. When it is, the time it starts and ends, the address and everything. It has cute colors and sparkles on it.

We already got at least 20 girls to do this with us and we told the others that they can show up whenever they want to help.

"Let's start giving it to people" I said making the papers into three piles then gave it to Jade and Lane "why don't we post about it on instagram or tweet about it like normal people?" Lane asked while she was whining "Because it's fun"

We started giving it to people as we separated and spread around school so we don't give it to the same people. I picked this side because it's where Henry's locker is at and most of her classes as well.

I'm hoping I'm the one that gives it to him so I can talk to her a little more.

I spotted him going towards a class so I walked faster to catch her "Henry" I called his name making him stop in front of the teachers desk and turn to look at me.

It's an old class that no one uses but I'm guessing he likes coming here to read because no one ever comes to this class.

"Amara." He said making me smile. I know he's teasing me but I like it when she says my name. It sounds insanely sexy when he says it.

I took a paper and handed it to him when I stepped closer to him "A sexy car wash? You couldn't come up with a better name?" He asked laughing, I shrugged "it's very informative, appealing, exciting and provocative. I think it's perfect."

Henry let out a laugh making me tilt my head to the side in confusion "You're starting to talk like me" he said and I gasped dramatically "I am not." I defensively said.

"Yes you are. When have you ever used provocative in a sentence?" He asked then raised his eyebrows, waiting for my answer. "Like...never." He nodded her head when I said that, that 'I'm right'  look forming on his handsome face.

"But it's because I've never gotten in a situation where I can use it in a sentence" Henry laughed and nodded her head "okay." He said clearly not believing me "you think I'm lying"

"You said it, not me" he said putting his hands up in the air in defense. I punched his chest "shut up" I said jokingly making him laugh yet again.

Didn't know I was that funny but okay.

"Don't be too defensive. I think it's cute that you're starting to talk like me" I tried not to smile when she said that but I failed miserably.

"Yeah?" I said biting my lip slightly as I stepped a little closer to him while he was resting back on one of the desks. He hummed in response and gripped the end of the desk with his hands which made his veins pop out a little more. 

I moved my face closer to him but he cleared his throat and stood straight up, walking to the back of the class "you gonna be in this event or charity? What even is this for?" He asked sitting down on one of the chairs in the far back.

Okay my heart is kind of hurting but whatever.

I took a few steps closer to him "one of my friend's dad is in the hospital. We're raising money to pay for his surgery" I explained. He smiled and looked up from the paper in his hand "that's really sweet of you"

"I know" I said shrugging my shoulders "are you gonna be there?" He asked me.

"You'd love to see me half naked and washing cars, wouldn't you?" Henry rolled his eyes and puffed some air out of his mouth making me laugh a little "but yeah. I'll be there"