Chapter 25

Henry's POV

I feel like I'm being so stupidly petty.

Not answering her at all and leaving her on read? Maybe that was a bit too childish.

I thought it would make her realize how hurt I am but I guess not since she barely texted me yesterday.

I know I haven't been texting her for a few days but why did she stop texting me?

Shit I want to fix it now before I lose her forever.

"Hi" I looked to my side and saw Amara who waved her hand at me with the biggest smile on her face as she got closer to me.

So she isn't mad but she's a little... too happy?

Did she fuck someone or what? Why is she this happy when we've been on terrible terms for a while now?

She wrapped one arm around my neck as the other one got placed on the side of my face. I didn't even have time to process what was happening before she kissed me.

I felt like there was a weight lifted off my shoulders when she did this. I placed my hand softly on her waist, not knowing what I'm supposed to do or how I'm supposed to hold her. We haven't talked in a while so now l'm back to being shy and awkward.

She backed away from the kiss and kept holding me as she smiled widely "hi" she said as I breathed heavily and kept looking into her eyes "hi" I said still a little shocked.

"I missed you" she said making me smile a little "I missed you too"

Her phone fell out of her pocket making her cuss quietly "goddamn it, it's already dying" she said getting it from the floor.

I looked around us and everyone was looking in our direction as if they had seen a ghost.

Is it this weird to see us together?

I swallowed nervously and switched my attention back to Amara who seemed to give zero shits about everyone else which is something I should be doing as well but I just can't.

But besides feeling weirded out because people probably think it's odd how she's with me and how she could do better or whatever but I

am so extremely happy I get to show her off now.

I don't think she understands how happy I am because of what she did.

"So... how have you been?" She asked putting her phone back in her pocket "good now" I said making her smile "you look cute." she complimented

I closed my locker "I know" i  said as she took my arm and wrapped it around her shoulder "tell me about what I have missed while being a bitch which I am sorry about by the way" she interlocked her fingers with my hand that was resting on her shoulder as we started walking.

"Not much" I couldn't stop looking at her.

"Oh come on, tell me about all the boring little things your tall ass did" she said looking at me then back in front of her "do you really wanna listen to me talk about a book?"

"Uh.. obviously. I like love books" she said making me laugh. I don't think this woman has ever read a book in her life but her acting interested in the things I like is really cute.

Amara's POV

Did I know anything about books? No. Have I read any book in my entire life? Not really.

But I just want to listen to his voice that I have been insanely missing for the past few days.

He could be talking about the most complicated shit and l'd still listen to every single thing he's saying just to admire the way every word that leaves his mouth sounds exceptionally angelic.

His voice just gives me chills all over my body.

We were now in math class, sitting on the desks beside each other.

He was writing down something but all I could do was stare at him.

How can a person be so handsome? Was all that was going through my head in this exact moment.

I don't care how down bad I look right now but not seeing him for the past few days was absolute hell. I'm going to cherish every moment I have with him because now that I almost experienced losing him, I realized how lucky I am to have him.

"I know I'm hot but focus on the lesson" Henry said making me laugh a little "I'm good. I got everything I need to focus on.. right here" I said making him look at me "that was kinda cute, corny but cute."

———

I walked with Henry towards the table I always sit at with my friends and sat down with him. They all said hi to him and he nervously smiled while he was waving his hand at them.

My awkward boy.

We all talked like always, nothing felt different but Henry wasn't really joining in with the conversation, just laughing a little every now and then.

I was going to say something until I saw him rubbing the palm of his hand on her pants. Aw he's nervous.

I kissed his shoulder making him smile at me "Henry, my man!" We looked towards Carter who came towards us and sat beside Henry

"first time seeing you with actual people" I frowned my eyebrows at his very unnecessary comment "Carter" I said sternly making him look at me.

"What? I'm not trying to be mean or anything but the quiet kid suddenly dating the hot chick does not click right with me" he said making Henry shake his head in disbelief "whatever" he mumbled.

Bitch no. I know he's mature and everything but l'm definitely not.

"If your desperate ass is jealous just say that" I said back making him raise his eyebrows, leaning on the table to take a better look at me since Henry was in between us "desperate where and when exactly?"

"You were practically begging me to go out with you all summer. With the 'please' and 'just one date' texts"

I'm a loud person and Carter is an even louder person so it got a lot of people's attention.

I looked down to see Henry's leg bouncing up and down very fast

"you were never like this before this weirdo. Did he do some dark magic shit on you or something?" The way I could be punching him right now for bad mouthing my man like that.

But I'm going to deal with him later because all that matters right now is Henry and he's everything but comfortable right now.

"Let's go baby" I stood up and held Henry's hand "you guys gonna go fuck? Can I join?" He yelled as we stepped away from him "so funny" I mumbled sarcastically.

I pushed the door of the cafeteria open and stepped out and walked into another random hallway. I turned to look at Henry "you okay?" I asked concerned "I mean yeah. He barely said anything" he said laughing.

"We don't have to sit in the cafeteria if you don't want that" I said and he laughed again "I'm not some traumatized kid. It's not a big deal"

It is a big deal to me but I guess it's going to take a bit of time for him to be vulnerable so it's okay.

I stood on the tip of my toes and pecked his lips "we'll do whatever you want"