Chapter 6

Amara's POV

"So what l'm getting from this is that you skipped the party of the year to hang out with the weird guy?" Angela asked making me roll my eyes "I needed tutoring and stop with the name calling"

I really have to stop hanging out with her.

I walked away from her which made her yell at me but l ignored it even though it got a lot of people's attention, Henry being one of them.

I bit my lip as I held eye contact with Henry and he smiled at me

"girl watch where you're walking" Jade said to me when I bumped into her "she was too busy staring at the book boy" Brooke teased making me roll my eyes with a smile on my face.

"He is kinda hot" Jade agreed looking at Henry. I punched her arm

"He's mine" I am so serious. I get jealous over a guy that isn't even mine and it's driving me insane.

"Seems like he has another lover" Jade said making me look in his direction to see Henry leaning on his locker as he talked to some girl

I couldn't see her face but I am a hundred percent sure I'm hotter than her.

"How good do I look?" I asked my friends "girl I'd hit that anytime of day" "you're rocking the fit" "like one sexy motherfucker" they're my hype girls. I love them.

I started walking towards Henry then felt a slap on my ass "go get your guy" Brooke said making me turn to look at her "that stung bitch"

I kept walking towards Henry and smiled at hi, when he noticed me "hey" I said then looked at the girl. She's some girl in one of my classes, I don't even know her name and I couldn't care less about knowing it.

"I wanna talk to Henry a little" I said smiling at the girl then looked her up and down. It was unintentional. It happened on its own.

"I'll see you later, Henry" she said smiling at Henry before she walked away. Bitch.

"Hi" I said to Henry again making him chuckle a little "hi" he responded still leaning back on the lockers with his hands in his pockets.

I can't believe this guy doesn't have everyone on their knees for him but that's good for me. I don't have to beat everyone's ass.

"I had fun on Friday" I said not knowing what else to say to explain why I interrupted his conversation with the girl "is that what you wanted to talk to me about? I was talking to Reign about a book"

Stupid ass name. The only name she should be knowing is my name.

"You can talk to me about the book" or about anything in the entire world. If I get to hear his voice, I'm happy.

Henry raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms "how many books have you read, Amara?" My name sounds so good coming from him

"like so many. You can't even imagine how many l've read"

"What's your favorite book?" He asked. Ask other questions like what's my favorite sex position, I can answer that so easily.

"Doesn't matter. We got a tutoring session next week?" Anything to throw him off the questions about the books because I can't even come up with an answer.

"Are you jealous?" I frowned my eyebrows at his question and laughed "you're jealous" he confirmed before I even got to defend myself "I am so not jealous"

"You are so jealous" he said standing straight up. His height is so sexy. Like he's is so tall "I'm not"

He smiled and held my chin, moving his face closer to mine "Don't worry, you're the only stupid girl I'm tutoring" I gasped at what he said as he laughed, backing away from me "oh you're a bitch" I said.

"Hey watch that mouth, I'm the one saving your ass from failing" that got me feeling some type of way.

"True but I am paying you" I said and he squinted her eyes at me

"you need me. I don't need you"

"Yeah you're right"

———

"And we have a test tomorrow, be prepared for it" bitch what the fuck?

"But that's not enough time to study" I said getting a bit nervous "it's better than a pop quiz" he said as everyone started gathering their stuff to leave the class.

I am so fucking this up.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Henry who stood up and placed his hand on my shoulder "don't worry, I got you" he said squeezing my shoulder reassuringly "come over tonight, earlier than Friday and we can work as long as you want" he added making me smile.

"Come on, get up" he put his hand out for me to hold which I did and I pulled myself up.

We held hands for a bit as we kept looking at each other "your hand is soft" I said accidentally. It was supposed to be in my head, only for me to hear and know.

I looked down at his beautiful lips for a bit longer than I intended until Lane called for me from the door.

I pulled my hand back and looked towards Lane who smirked a little because she definitely saw what was happening "we're going to the Diner. You coming?" She asked me and I nodded "I'll be there in a sec"

Lane nodded then walked out "you're skipping class?" I looked at Henry and nodded my head "yeah. I have English so it doesn't matter"

I picked up my bag and he held my arm "This is your last year, Amara. Everything matters" he said. I smiled and pulled my arm back "I'll consider your offer on me going to all my classes" I said making him laugh and shake his head in disbelief.

I bit my lip and stepped closer to him, standing on the tip of my toes and moving my face closer to his ear "see you tonight" I whispered then placed a quick kiss on his cheek before walking towards the door.

I looked back at him for a second to see him already looking at me with his lips parted.

I want him to be wrapped around my finger.

I want him to think of me every second of the day, not look at anyone other than me, get butterflies every time I touch him, have him text me late at night telling me he misses every inch of me.

I want him all to myself.