Chapter 21

Henry's POV

"Hey" I turned to my side to see a beautiful girl standing next to me as I took things from my locker. I smiled politely "hi"

I have definitely seen her around school, her face is so familiar but I have no classes with her nor do I know her name.

"You're Henry, right?" She asked smiling back at me "yeah. I'm sorry but I don't really know your name" I said laughing nervously. She laughed and nodded "I'm Irma"

"Hey guys, sorry Irma but I gotta talk to Henry about something extremely important" Amara said wrapping her arm around mine and pulling me away from Irma before she could even respond but I could hear a quiet annoyed "okay" coming from Irma.

We went to a random hallway and Amara stopped walking, smiling at me "hi" she said and I frowned my eyebrows "you don't have something important to talk about, do you?" I asked and she wrapped her arms around my neck "let's talk about me. I'm important, right?"

God she's a little annoying but the kind of annoying that I like? I don't know how to explain it.

"Of course you are" I pecked her lips then we heard a group of girls talking and getting closer. The door opened and Amara pulled back and stood away from me, looking at them "Mar hey" one of the girls said.

I couldn't care less about the conversation. I was hurt when she pulled back faster than the fucking light.

She could've tried to make it more obvious that she's embarrassed to be seen with me.

I shook my head at the many thoughts that came crossing my mind.

"Henry" I heard Amara say as I heard her heels clicking faster so she can get to me. She held my hand and stopped me "sorry that I didn't include you in the conversation"

Look at her thinking I'm craving attention from anyone that isn't her. I don't care about anyone else.

I've been disrespected, hated, made fun of, ignored and trust me many people have been embarrassed to even be in my presence but

it hurts when it comes from Amara.

And she doesn't even know the reason I'm upset.

I'm okay with being in her shadow and getting completely forgotten when she's around because well.. it's Amara She's the most energetic, gorgeous, gentle and entertaining person to have around.

I expect to be ignored when she's around which I am very okay with but l want to feel like she actually wants me.

I have many insecurities. I just want reassurance. Not only verbal reassurance, I need to see it and feel it.

"That's not the problem, Mar" I said rubbing my forehead in frustration. She frowned her eyebrows "then what is it?" The bell rang and I sighed "we'll talk about it later."

———

I have never been more unmotivated to study. I'm in my chemistry class and all I can think about is Amara.

I just want to talk to her and get everything off my chest.

I like to consider myself a good communicator but I haven't been in a serious relationship to see if l actually am or not.

The bell finally rang after what felt like forever and I stood up, putting my things in my bag.

I made my way to the cafeteria and looked around, spotting Amara sitting at her regular table with her friends. Laughing and everything.

Her eyes met mine and she smiled at me but went back to talking to her friends.

I should've known it wouldn't be easy.

I sighed and left the cafeteria to go eat in the abandoned classroom like always. It's better than sitting alone and feeling awkward in a room full of people.

I put my headphones in and played some songs so I can stop the thoughts from going faster than I can comprehend. It'll make me go insane.

I sat down on the desk in the far back and looked down at the salad I bought on my way to school since I don't like the school's food. It hurts my stomach.

Someone tapped my shoulder making me flinch and look up. I saw Irma who smiled at me as I removed my headphones "hi. Sorry for taking you out of your zone" she said pulling a chair to sit in front of me "it's alright"

"You want some company?" She asked and I shrugged "sure"

Irma was talking and laughing as she said whatever it was. I don't care about what she was saying. I'm not interested in listening to any word that doesn't come out of Amara's mouth.

I just wished it was Amara and not Irma. She's a nice girl and everything but she's not Amara.

I only want Amara.