Chapter 22

Amara's POV

"Hi" Henry smiled weakly at me and invited me inside of his house

"you okay?" I asked him and turned to look at him as he closed the door. He scratched the back of his neck and nodded "yeah. Let's go to my room"

We went to his room and he got on his bed "let's study fast because I'm tired" he said making me frown my eyebrows. I sat beside him and he immediately started explaining everything to me without looking at me once.

It stabbed me in the heart.

"Okay stop for a second" I said making him close her eyes and rub the bridge of his nose "what?" He said turning his head so he can look at me "why are you so upset with me? Can we just talk?"

Henry stayed quiet and I placed my hand on his cheek, making him fully turn to face me "tell me what's wrong" his eyes were so full of emotions that I don't really understand.

"Are you like... embarrassed to be seen with me?" He asked, looking away from my eyes nervously "what? No. I'm just not a PDA type of person" that is such a lie. I just don't know what's going on with me.

"Oh okay" Henry said understandingly. He's such a perfect man.

I don't think l've ever been with a non-toxic person who takes the time of day to understand me and put effort into our relationship.

His phone buzzed and we both looked towards it "Irma huh?" I said feeling jealousy build up inside of me. He hummed and didn't answer her "you're not gonna answer her?" l asked him and he shrugged "I can do it later"

"Why? You gonna sext or something?" He looked in my direction and realized that l'm being serious "no." He unlocked his phone and showed it to me "she's telling me about the book I recommended" it was a picture of a book with "got itttt" written below it.

Damn no need for four t's.

"I don't like Irma" I said bluntly making Henry laugh and lock his phone "why? Because she's my friend?" He asked resting back on his hands "kinda"

Henry smiled making me smile and he leaned in to kiss me "you have nothing to worried about" he said holding my waist. I placed my forehead on his "that's what everyone says"

"I'm not everyone else"

———

Henry's POV

"Hi. I read a bit of the book and I am obsessed" Irma said walking beside me as I just stepped into school. I smiled "I'm glad you're liking it"

"You have amazing taste" someone called for her and she nodded "I'll be there. I wanted to ask you something." she said making us stop walking. I tilted my head to the side slightly as she bit down on her bottom lip nervously "..do you wanna go out sometime?"

No. Of course not. Not even going to think about it.

"I can't... I.." have a girlfriend? We just started dating though. Should I be calling her my girlfriend?

"I'm already involved with someone" I think that's a good answer.

I'm not single but l am also not taken, yet.

But I don't need a label to let me know that Amara is the woman that I want.

I've had the biggest crush on her for so long. Just like almost everyone else in this school.

Am I like everyone else?

Is she going to date me for a bit then throw me away after she gets bored?

I'm a pretty chill and boring person. I like that about myself but does she like that?

Or does she want someone who wants to party with her and go crazy?

"Oh l've never seen her" Irma said a bit disappointed "yeah, it's kinda on the low" I don't want it to be on the low though.

I want everyone to see that Amara is my girl.

"Oh okay, good for you. See you later?" She asked stepping back. I nodded my head "see you" I flashed her a small smile before turning to walk towards my locker only to see Amara approaching me.

"What did she want? Seemed intense" I laughed at Amara who kept glaring at Irma "intense in what way? If I may ask" I said making Amara roll her eyes "something was said. I want to know what"

We got to my locker "she asked me out" I truthfully said. There is no point in lying. I didn't do anything wrong.

"What?!" She whisper yelled making me laugh "I turned her down"

"Okay but I don't want you to be her friend anymore" I frowned my eyebrows in confusion and shrugged my shoulders "why? She was understanding when I said that I wasn't single"

Amara eyes slightly widened "you told her we're dating?" Here comes another wave of overthinking.

"No but what's the worst that could happen if I did?" l asked a bit hurt, not angry at all just very hurt.

"Nothing but it's better if we stay private for a bit" I can feel my stomach twisting. How stupid does she think I am?

"Yeah" I said not wanting to argue anymore.

I just hope things change and she starts to realize how painful the shit she does and says is.