Chapter 23

Henry's POV

"You sure the girl you're seeing won't mind you hanging out with me, right?" Irma asked as she sat on the desk beside me "we're just eating lunch together, it's okay" it's definitely not going to be okay with Amara.

But l've spent days sitting alone because Amara refuses to be more than friendly with me in school. Of course she doesn't say it but I know that she doesn't want anyone to see her with me.

I feel like I'm just some charity case when she's being friendly and sympathetic with me so no one gets suspicious of us being in a relationship but behind closed doors she's all over me.

And being the amazing person I am, I stopped talking to Irma. It's just a simple "hi" here and there whenever I see her to be polite but nothing more than that so I can respect Amara's wishes.

But I'm not going to do that anymore.

I see her from afar. Being all friendly with random guys, laughing and hitting their arm while she does. I don't know what she does and if she actually flirts or not but it definitely has all of those guys on their knees for her.

I hate it. The jealousy I feel but can't act up on is so frustrating.

I just want her to get pissed off and fucking come to her senses about what she's doing.

We talked a little then the door opened. Amara stepped in and the smile on her face died when she saw Irma "oh hey Irma, hey Henry" she faked a smile and Irma smiled "hi Amara"

"Sorry to interrupt but I need to talk to Henry" that was most definitely a demand, not a request.

I stood up and went towards Amara who just left the classroom. She held my wrist and pulled me towards a random hallway. She made sure no one was around then turned to look at me.

"I thought you stopped being friends with her" she said crossing her arms "I did stop being friends with her until I saw how you acted around almost everyone that breathes near you"

"What is that supposed to mean?" She asked unfolding her arms.

The urge to tell her that she's a little bit of a whore is so strong right now.

"You're flirty with everyone around you but when I'm being friendly with one human being, you tell me to cut them off. You don't have the right to do that"

"She likes you, there is a difference-" I laughed and shook my head in disbelief "how stupid do you think I am? Acting as if not anyone that talks to you falls in love with you. I see how they look at you when you laugh with them. I see how they stare at you until you're completely out of their sight. I'm not fucking stupid"

"I didn't know-" I cut her off "yes you did" I bet she fucking loves it too.

"Okay but they're good people. Irma is known for being.. a slut" she said looking away from my eyes. So are you??????

No Henry. You like her. You're pissed off but there is a limit, it's okay.

"She's a nice person. I don't care if she sleeps with people or not because it's none of my business-" this time it was Amara's turn to cut me off "it will be your business when she fucks you"

"And who the fuck said I'll allow that shit? I'm with you. I want you. No one else matters to me but you"

"Then don't be friends with her" she said making me raise my eyebrows "why is it SO illegal for me to make friends?" She's taking advantage of my admiration for her. It's pissing me off.

She looked down and stayed quiet, not knowing the answer to the question.

"I struggle to make friends, Amara. Having one friend makes me feel less...lonely I guess" I scratched the back of my head at the awkwardness I felt when I said that. Feelings disgust me.

"I'm your friend" I looked into Amara's eyes who smiled slightly at me "you can't be serious right now" I said making her frown her eyebrows "you don't understand anything I'm saying"

Amara's POV

"Why don't you want people to know about us?" Henry asked me as he stepped closer to me. I looked away from his eyes and bit my lip nervously, not knowing the answer to his question.

"Is it because you don't want people to know that you like the guy that reads books at lunchtime?" I looked up at him with my eyebrows frowned in confusion "you read books at lunchtime-"

He cut me off "no it's an exaggeration- that's not even the point" I swallowed nervously, noticing the anger in his voice "I don't know what to tell you, l'm just confused"

Henry kept towering over me considering he's very tall "what? I fucked you and you liked it, right?" I felt my breath being caught up in my throat at his statement that is so very true.

"Then what's there to be confused about?"