Chapter 11

Amara's POV

"Hi" I smiled at Henry and sat down beside him "hey" he dryly said.

It made me a bit upset because I thought what happened with us yesterday will change how he acts with me and I thought it might make him like me a little.

But seems like nothing changed.

"Are you upset about what happened?" I asked him with a bit of concern, hoping that he doesn't regret what happened because I know i don't at all.

I've been replaying that moment in my head from the second i left his house.

My stomach fills with butterflies every time I do think about it.

"I'm not upset" I don't believe him because he's even more dry than he used to be "you sound upset" I said with a bit of attitude.

I'm trying to be considerate and nice about this and he's just giving me the cold shoulder.

"Take it in whatever way you want, I don't care" he mumbled as he kept his eyes on his book. I rolled my eyes and looked in front of me, waiting for the teacher to come in so we can start the class and kill the awkwardness in the air.

"Hey Mara" I smiled at Carter and took a glance at Henry who glared at him for a split second then looked down at his book again.

Is she jealous? Should I make her jealous?

"You looked good during the carwash thing" he complimented with a disgusting smirk but I just smiled. He's doing the job for me.

"Thanks, glad you enjoyed it" I said with a seductive low tone as I gently rubbed his arm.

I looked at Henry when he let out a deep sigh "anything you'd like to share, Henry?" I asked him, hoping he'd tell me how he didn't like me flirting with him and be jealous verbally so I know that he likes me at least a little.

"I think you two will make the perfect couple" he said giving me a very fake smile.

"See Mara, even the weirdo thinks we're made for each other" I hit his arm and changed my smiley face with him immediately "don't fucking call him that"

He rolled his eyes at me and walked towards his seat "seemed like you made yourself mad" Henry chuckled as I rolled my eyes at him for the second time today "shut up" I said making him laugh "you can be a little cute"

He called me cuteeeee.

"Whatever" whatever my ass. I'm definitely going to go tell my friends that he called me cute so they can get excited for me and feed into my delusions.

ーーー

I walked to my car after the school day ended so I can finally go back home and fantasize about Henry in peace.

I reached my car and got in but it wasn't turning on "you old bitch!" I groaned in frustration and got out of the car then started kicking the side of it.

"Leave the poor car alone" I looked up at Henry who approached me

"you'll do the same if this old bitch keeps dying on you" I said still annoyed but feeling a bit better because Herny is finally talking to me.

Henry placed his backpack down and stepped closer to me. He put hose hand out for me to give him the keys to my car.

"May I?" Eat my ass. Literally.

I handed him my keys without hesitation then he got in my car, trying to turn it on but it was still dying "see I told you" I said as he stepped out the car after pressing the button that opens the hood then went to the front of the car.

"Of course it's not gonna work, look at this mess" he pointed at the machines as if I know what the fuck he's talking about "I'll fix it so you can at least drive home but you have to get a lot of things changed"

I groaned at his statement knowing l'm going to have to ask my parents for a lot of money to get this bitch to work well again "you can stop by a garage I work in" he suggested making me raise my eyebrows with a smile.

I thought he just knew how to fix cars like many other people but he works at a garage. Sexy.

"Damn you work at a garage?" I asked fighting the urge to touch his arm because I know his oversized shirts are hiding some muscles under them.

Oh I can imagine him wearing a white tank top with a bit of oil on it because he's been fixing cars all day long and his face looking all dirty and sexy.

And I thought she couldn't get any sexier.

"Mhm. I work tonight actually, I start at four pm if you wanna swing by so I can change things for you" he closed the hood of the car and turned to look at me "yeah okay"

We looked into each other's eyes for a bit then he smirked a little

"you don't wanna go check if it works?" He asked making me snap out of my very unholy thoughts "yeah right"

I went to check the car and it worked "she's alive" I said excitedly making Henry laugh "yes she is"