Chapter 1

Amara's POV

Amara, hey" I smiled at Carter who walked beside me the moment I stepped into the school "Hi Carter. How are you?" I asked him as I kept walking "I'm good. We haven't hung out all summer, you kept avoiding that question when I asked it"

I didn't bring it up because I didn't want to embarrass him but okay.

"I didn't want anything romantic. I just wanted to hang out with my girls and have fun" I've rejected him so many times last year and it can be a little annoying but he's a nice one so it's okay.

"And my girls are right there so see you later, Carter" I said walking away from him and going to my friends. I just didn't want any awkwardness to take over the conversation with Carter.

I hugged my friends then we all went to get our schedules and everything.

We stood next to one of the girls' locker, talking and shit "Henry is looking hot" Jade said making me look behind me to see Henry walking in.

He looks hot. He's always been Handsome but l'm like very attracted to him right now.

"Still the same glasses, Henry?" One of my friends asked him teasingly. I hit Lane's arm making her look at me "leave him alone" I said still looking at Henry who walked past us without giving any of us attention.

I'm not trying to sound like a show off or anything but a lot of guys and girls want me in school. I'm hot but why is he not looking at me?

I want him to look at me.

"Oh my god you're crushing on the book boy" Jade said and I shrugged with a smile on my face "He's hot. You can't blame me"

The glasses look hot on him, He got taller or I just didn't notice how tall he is and he also has this amazing skin, nice style and I'm pretty sure l'm attracted to him  because she probably doesn't want me.

Him not wanting me is so sexy to me.

The first class started and unfortunately I didn't have it with any of my friends and it's with the most boring teacher ever.

I walked into class "Mara come sit with us" Carter said and I mentally rolled my eyes, trying to find any excuse to not sit beside him then I saw Henry sitting in the middle of the class with a book in his hands "actually I'm gonna sit with him" I said sitting behind Henry since the seat beside her was taken.

"Why are you sitting with the freak?" I turned to look at Carter "Don't call him that, asshole" I try to be as nice as possible to people but l hate when they're like this with actual nice people.

I placed my elbows on the table and leaned forward "what are you reading?" I asked him. She showed me the cover then went back to reading. I couldn't even read the title because this bitch forgot to put her contacts in so l'll finish my school day very blind.

"What is it about?" He sighed and closed the book "what do you want, Amara? You wanna do the same thing that Allison did? Because if you are, it's pointless. I have no more secrets" he said turning her head to look at me.

"No I just wanna talk to you- what did Allison do?" I asked her and he shook his head, looking in front of him again "doesn't matter"

I stayed quiet for a bit "Mister Allen is really boring, don't you think?" I really just want to talk to him.

"No. I think he's a nice guy. I like that he has this quiet yet demanding tone, it's very calming and attention grabbing for me at least" he has a nice voice. I like listening to him talk.

"I never thought of it that way. I like that" I said tiling my head to the side "that's why you should start seeing the positive side from things instead of criticizing everything. Everything and everyone have something special about them but not everyone likes it. Just like not everyone agrees on the thing that they find attractive in people. You might like.. let's say an extroverted personality but I don't, that doesn't mean that extroverts suck"

He's a talker, I like that and he talks so intelligently, not from the side of using big words but I think his extreme calm tone of voice makes him sound smart saying whatsoever.

You know those voices that could say the stupidest shit but still sound smart? He has that type of voice and she is very smart.

"I like how you talk" I said making him let out a small laugh "you like a lot of things, huh?" He turned his head to look again and I smiled at him "you have many things that I like" I said making him let out a small laugh and shake his head in disbelief.

The class started and I already feel like I want to sleep.

He's definitely the reason I hate math. It's so boring.

"Isn't it supposed to equal 3?" I whispered to Henry. He laughed

"you're pretty but stupid"

I bit onto my bottom lip and placed my chin on the palm of my hand as I rested my elbow on my desk "you think I'm pretty?" I asked and saw him smile a little "sure"

"How pretty do you think I am from a scale of one to ten?" I asked as he kept taking some notes from what the teacher was saying "I'm not gonna answer that" he said still looking down at her notebook.

"Why not? Come on, please" he sighed in defeat knowing I won't stop asking. He took a quick glance at me "today, l'd give you a decent eight" I gasped making the teacher turn to look at me "sorry" I mumbled.

He nodded his head and went back to teaching so I leaned forward again "an eight?!" I whisper yelled and he laughed, shrugging his shoulders "be happy. That's the highest l'd give anyone in this school"

"Okay then Mister amazing at rating, why am I missing two points?" I asked him "being completely honest, the outfit is not my favorite, it's nice though"

"But it's my sluttiest skirt and my sluttiest shirt" I said making him laugh "doesn't matter. First of all, you're gonna get called to the principal's office for that because of dress code.." I shrugged my shoulders with a smile on my face as I listened to him talk.

".second of all, I really like green on you. Remember the green shirt you used to wear last year with a pearl necklace? That would've given you the two points"

I'm literally melting right now.

"You remember the outfits I used to wear?" I asked poking his shoulder "not really. Just that one, green is definitely your color"

"You're cute, you know that?" The bell rang and he  started putting his things in his bag"I get that a lot but thanks" he said standing up and putting her bag over one shoulder.

"Well that's one way to take a compliment" I said to him as he walked out of the class.

Something about him is attracting me so much. Like I want this boy so badly.