Chapter 6

Both Tiana and Andrea gradually became lost as they passed by the display cases showcasing various designs

Both Tiana and Andrea gradually became lost as they passed by the display cases showcasing various designs. The place was enormous, with multiple aisles and an abundance of designs being worked on by people.

"I want a tattoo, a large one, something impressive," I thought to myself.

However, with so many options available, it was overwhelming. I gradually distanced myself from the girls to explore more designs. Eventually, my attention was drawn to a guy covered in tattoos, Raphael. He was standing by a table with a cup and several tattooing instruments. Slowly, I approached him, catching his attention. He looked up, furrowing his brow until he recognized me, his eyes widening. Setting aside what he was doing, he waited for me to come closer.

"Hello," I greeted with a smile. "I'm not sure if you remember me."

"What part of 'Amity' didn't you understand?" he quirked an eyebrow.

"I didn't plan on staying in this place, regardless of my result," I shrugged.

He sighed tiredly, shaking his head as he began to pack up his things again. He stopped talking, not even returning my gaze or acknowledging me; that idiot was ignoring me.

"Hey, what's your problem? I just came to give you the gra..." I was immediately silenced as he placed his finger between his lips, signaling for me to be quiet.

"I only do tattoos," was all he said, before continuing with his work.

"Idiot," I huffed, rolling my eyes. I looked around until my gaze landed on a snake, a beautiful sketch behind him. I glanced at the man who had ignored me, then back at the tattoo... If he only does tattoos, then I want one. "I want that one," I pointed, and he turned to look at it. "On my hand, please," I smiled.

He sighed, taking it and left the table, passing by me with a "follow me." I did as he said, walking behind him. He passed several people, greeting them with a smile and nod. We distanced ourselves from them and went to a brighter side, opening the white curtain where there was a bed.
He told me to sit, and I did. I waited for him to take the design, and he took a fabric plate.

"Where?" he asked, and I extended my right hand.

He placed it carefully, connecting the plate with a tube and pressed a button from a machine. I remained silent, observing the place. It was more secluded from the others, with few people passing by.

"You shouldn't have chosen Dauntless, they'll kill you," Raphael whispered, giving me a quick glance.

I turned my gaze towards him, placing my finger between my lips. "Shh, just tattoos, right?" I said seriously, then returned my gaze to the hallway.

For 16 years, I endured punches, screams, mistreatment, emotional abuse; I've felt like the most useless and clumsy person alive. But that's changed now. I'm in Dauntless, and I won't tolerate anyone treating me however they want. I heard him sigh.