Chapter 8

The girls couldn't stop laughing at Ian and Jim's comments, two childhood friends from Candor who shared the same result in the test, two inseparable friends who kept joking to make us laugh

The girls couldn't stop laughing at Ian and Jim's comments, two childhood friends from Candor who shared the same result in the test, two inseparable friends who kept joking to make us laugh. We finished eating and left the place, but not before seeing Max's wife, who had a smile on her face as she looked at the leader like a lovesick teenager.

My mind was swirling with Eric's words, should I kiss up to someone to be a leader? Or just earn their trust? And most importantly, how do I achieve that?

The guys helped me distract myself, forgetting about the problems and my greed. I sat on my bed and got lost in Ian's conversation, who had sat beside me, and occasionally Tiana gave me amused looks, as the green-eyed, dark-haired guy didn't stop flirting, and on my part, I couldn't stop thinking that the leader's eyes were more beautiful.

And I couldn't deny it, Ian is attractive, charismatic, and definitely has a better character, but unconsciously I have the grumpy and bad-tempered man in my thoughts, especially since I saw him twice today, and both times he approached me.

"Nice tattoo," he pointed to my hand.

I lowered my gaze to look at my tattoo, smiling as I raised my hand. "Thanks," I said, then looked at him and noticed a mandala on his neck. "Yours looks great too."

He smiled, looking down. "I designed it myself, actually. Went to Tori, she's really good, helped me recreate it. If you want, I could design one for you. I can't use the machines right now, but Tori could help us with that," he offered confidently, showing no hesitation, which I appreciated.

"I'm sorry, Ian," Tiana spoke up from across the room, sitting next to Jim, both with smiles. "Grace has her own special tattoo artist."

Andrea's laughter chimed in as she approached the group from another bed. Ian looked at me, confused.

"Yeah, in fact, I could swear she was even looking for him," Andrea affirmed.

I shook my head with a smile.

"Really? I've been with them most of the time since I arrived, so I might know him," he shrugged.

"It's Raphael, and he's not my 'special' tattoo artist," I emphasized the last word. "He administered the test to me, that's how I know him. I didn't seek him out; he just appeared, and I went to him," I shrugged disinterestedly.

He nodded slowly, while the girls chuckled quietly, chatting among themselves.

"I know him, he's very good," he smiled.

"Relax, Ian, don't cry," Jim patted the brunet's back, laughing. "It's not the end..."

"Initiates, on your feet!" Eric's authoritative voice echoed in the room, interrupting Jim and everyone else who was laughing.

Unconsciously, I turned around, his eyes inspecting each of us with a stern look until our eyes met. He lifted his chin and narrowed his eyes, looking at Ian, who remained by my side.
We rose in deep silence, with Four standing behind the leader, arms crossed, searching for my friend, whom he found, and they both smiled.