Chapter 19

I had forgotten how long I had been facing the rubber man; I let myself be carried away by the technique that Genesis had taught me and simply focused on kicking his neck through a jump

It had been 5 days since my friends and I heard about the fight between Genesis and Eric. We returned to the room, and the possible reasons for the altercation soon emerged. My friends engaged in a very interesting debate as if I hadn't been present. Tiana insisted that Eric had an attraction towards me and didn't know how to handle the situation.

Meanwhile, Andrea didn't trust the intentions of the blond, insisting that this had to be something bigger and feared for my life.

In the end, I told them that I was okay, I was content because as long as Eric was here, Genesis wouldn't do anything bad to me. I also told them about my conversation with him in his van because he assured my well-being, and once again, the debate resumed.

Of something it is certain, Genesis ignored me afterwards, stopped torturing me, and went on with her work. She kept pretending that I didn't exist, as if I were a complete mess, but she wasn't rude, so she's not dumb. Eric has been supervising the training since yesterday and knew that if her work wasn't up to par, the leader would send her back to her old job. I felt good, a sense of protection soon appeared. I felt powerful, especially since I remained in the number one spot.

The door of the training room opened forcefully, and Eric entered, walking with indifference without losing his good demeanor. He approached Genesis, who lowered the screen she was watching. Eric looked at her without interest, without any emotion, while the blonde looked at him as something impossible to possess, something she wants to have but can't, there was pain in her gaze. I turned my gaze back to the rubber mannequin, changed positions so that the other leg would deliver the kick. It was somewhat complicated because it wasn't my dominant leg that was delivering the kick.

"Grace." Eric's voice echoed throughout the room. I lowered my leg and turned to look at him, my pulse quickening because the last thing I wanted was to be near the two of them together.

I walked inevitably towards them, while Eric had his eyes on me, waiting for Genesis, but she kept her gaze on the ground, holding the screen in her hands, hugging it.

I reached them.

"Follow me, Freya is waiting for you."he said, gesturing towards the exit.

I raised an eyebrow. "And the training?" I asked, glancing at Genesis, who had lifted her gaze.

"You'll cover it in the afternoon, you know, you're the favorite." Genesis spoke, raising her shoulders, releasing each word with venom and anger. She turned around and walked away with the others.

I returned my gaze to Eric, who rolled his eyes. "Ignore her, walk." he said, striding towards the exit with long steps.

I exited alongside Eric, trotting since this man was very tall with long legs. I arrived at his side, trying to keep up with him.