Chapter 29

"I present to you the best weapon simulator that Dauntless has, it's the latest model." he said as he turned on the lights. A large screen was mounted on the monitor with a keyboard and several buttons around it, behind which was a concrete wall at least 3 meters high. I nodded as I turned, seeing a long display case of weapons and a table with knives underneath.

I approached to get a better view, feeling his gaze on my back. His steps were slow, evaluating my movements. I was resentful towards him, a feeling in my chest weighing down my heart. I felt like a scolded child, hurt, and now waiting for an apology from him, but to be honest, it will never happen.

I picked up a knife from the handle, opened it, and began to play with it, tossing it and catching it with a spin in between. I liked knives.

"Ready?" Eric asked beside me.

I looked up, seeing the seriousness in his eyes, and nodded. "Also the knives?"

"With the belt, you'll take the resources you think you need. On this side are the cartridges." he approached the display case, took a gun, and underneath it a black box. He turned around and placed everything on the table, on top of the knives.

"This is a Heckler & Koch, it produces heat when firing, it's one of the best, take it." he handed it to me, opened the box, and took out two cartridges.

I took them and loaded one into the semi-automatic pistol, left it on the table, and went for the belt. I put it on and took the gun to put it in the holster, with the cartridge on the other side.

"Take this one too, it goes on your leg," he took a thick fabric holster and knelt in front of me. I froze immediately as his hands lifted my leg and wrapped the belt around it, his hands were large, moving over my thigh as he took a set of knives and placed them.

I stopped breathing for a moment, biting my cheek, heat rising to my cheeks as he looked up, our gazes connecting. He raised the corner of his lips as he slowly stood up, very close to my personal space.

"Are you still upset?" he murmured, his voice deep.

"Yes," I affirmed with a weak murmur.

He smiled, stretching his lips from side to side, revealing a mischievous expression. His hand rested on my thigh, which I still had raised with the tip of my foot. I lowered my leg as he began to move his hand slowly, never breaking eye contact with mine. His hand moved up my back, slipping underneath my blouse and pressing firmly on the lower part. I held back a gasp as our bodies collided; instinctively, my hands touched his chest, feeling his breath as our eyes drew closer.

"Sure?" He whispered, grazing our noses as he bit his lip.

I cursed Eric Coulter infinitely.

I swallowed, unsure of how to respond. He smiled with satisfaction, seeing the power he held over me.

"Yes. » came a weak murmur from my mouth, a response that sounded more like a question.

"We'll see. » he whispered, giving one last squeeze to my lower back before stepping away. "Get ready, I'm starting the simulation. » he ordered simply.

Feeling dazed, I was disoriented as my body felt like it was dying inside; with just a small, insignificant touch, Eric managed to put me in that state. I inhaled deeply, trying to contain all the excitement Eric had stirred within me, and exhaled to release it. I approached the table, took some thicker-handled knives than the ones Eric had placed on my leg, and strapped them to my waist. I grabbed another cartridge as a spare and left it next to the other one.

Regardless of the fact that deep down I wanted to impress Eric, achieving this simulation was also a personal exercise. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it and that I needed to strive even harder to become number one and be a leader.