Chapter 59

I woke up with a terrible headache and a pain in my arm, unable to remove the sack from my head because my hands were tied

I woke up with a terrible headache and a pain in my arm, unable to remove the sack from my head because my hands were tied. I felt like I was on a car going through a lot of bumps. I was depressed and bitter enough to wish for my death, the least I expect from my kidnapper is to kill me, otherwise I would be very disappointed.

But a furry feline stopped me. If I didn't have a responsibility called Horus, I would let them kill me, so I have to fight. Although I know if I die, both Freya and Tiana would be willing to take care of him because Eric wouldn't in his wildest dreams.

"Whoever you are, let me tell you that I'll kill you as soon as I get the chance." I yelled.

What if they are the Divergents who killed Matt? But it's stupid, I'm not a threat to them, not anymore at least. Or maybe they'll try to recruit me. I'm a Divergent and I'm a leader, I have a lot of power and it's convenient for them to have me. But there's no way they know I'm a Divergent.

The car stopped, the door closed violently, and I heard their footsteps. They opened the trunk and I felt the air fill me. I was in a trunk. Whoever it was grabbed my arms and violently pulled me out of the trunk, followed by a kick. Definitely not here to recruit me. They ripped off the sack with violence, and the brightness flooded me, making me let out a loud groan. My legs were weak, I wouldn't be able to stand easily, something was off. As I gradually got used to the brightness, I noticed I was on a white Dauntless truck, a big armored one. I looked up, noticing how even the dark clouds began to hide the sun, and James' silhouette was in front of me. "Ugh." I gasped. "I swear I had forgotten your existence." I rolled my eyes. "What are we doing here?"

With a furrowed brow, he closed the trunk. "I'm just taking out the trash." he shrugged casually, as if taking out the trash was a common act for him, and we both know that taking out his trash means killing me.

"After all this time?" I asked incredulously. "Your damn grudge is unjustifiable bullshit. What do you hope to achieve by killing me?"

"Shut up!" he shouted, approaching me violently and grabbing me by the neck, lifting me up so that my toes barely touched the ground. "I lost everything because of you. Eric made sure to take everything from me. I have nothing left. My position is shit, they took away all my benefits."

Part of me was relieved to hear it. Eric did do something about it, I thought he hadn't done anything more than beat him up that night. The problem is that he's going to take it out on me for what Eric did.

"You're a fucking piece of shit rapist, what did you expect?" I clenched my jaw trying to breathe as he was cutting off my oxygen.

He pulled a knife from his pocket, running its edge along my cheek, applying pressure and cutting my skin.

"I'll kill you." he admitted. "And I'll enjoy it."

He let me fall to the ground, and I coughed, regretting it immediately. The cut on my cheek hurt a lot. I breathed, recovering my oxygen, and looked at him with disgust.