Chapter 7

The discipline instilled in me by Norman from a young age was a result of his motivations; I didn't want my hands to end up purple from the ruler's blow

The discipline instilled in me by Norman from a young age was a result of his motivations; I didn't want my hands to end up purple from the ruler's blow. So, if Four set a specific time, I was ready 10 minutes early, with the bed made and dressed.

Today, there were no fights; it seemed they would begin tomorrow, and Jim's bout with Hall served as a test to gauge our readiness. Eric, disappointed, instructed Four to improve the technique for the start of the fights. This almost made Tiana explode as they had used her new crush as a guinea pig, but she couldn't do anything and received a warning look from Eric.

We spent an hour in front of the punching bag; today's technique was the "Jab in Zigzag," an effective movement allowing you to strike your opponent without being countered by moving from one position to another. We had to practice it repeatedly, which was exhausting, especially when the punching bag remained stationary.

For more than 5 minutes, Four had been assisting Andrea, and occasionally, my friend would laugh while the brown-haired guy smiled. You didn't need to be an expert to sense the mutual attraction between them; Andrea was skilled at flirting, and the trainer was reciprocating the advances.

I searched for Tiana with my gaze, who was also watching our friend. We made eye contact and smiled; I definitely wasn't imagining things. They two had something going on, and we needed to find out when it had started.

I continued with the technique, hitting harder, imagining the punching bag moving. Eric walked past me, observing my movements and strikes.

"That was awful," the blonde spoke.

I furrowed my brow. "Why? I'm doing it right."

"Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly. Do it again," he said calmly.

I positioned myself at a distance of one meter, took a step forward to throw a straight punch, and then shifted to the right, delivering a right hook and a body shot.

"No, definitely not seeing it wrong. It's awful," he crossed his arms. "You'll never become a leader like this," he raised an eyebrow.

"What am I doing wrong?" I asked calmly, wanting to avoid a lecture on the qualities of a leader.

"Four is doing a terrible job," he raised his voice slightly, aiming for the brown-haired man to hear. "The strike is fine, but you need to move your feet, you're too tense." he stood behind me, placing his hands on my waist.

I could feel his breath, and his grip was strong, sending a shiver down my spine. It's a dream, this man.

"One foot in front of the other," he pushed my feet apart with his, "lean this one," he indicated which foot with his own. He stopped touching my waist and lifted my arms, bringing my elbows together and adjusting my back.

He stood beside me, assuming the same position as me. "If you don't move your foot at the moment of the first strike to propel yourself and move, you won't have any force. Watch." he explained, demonstrating the technique.