Chapter 30

He took a key from his pocket and opened the door, letting me enter first. Without knowing exactly what would happen, I stepped into the dark room because the light was off. Then Eric entered and turned on the light, letting me see his large, immaculately clean room again, bringing me peace of mind.

"Do you have a nurse? Wouldn't surprise me." I grimaced, analyzing what he had exactly. I doubt Max has those kinds of benefits.

He closed the door behind him and walked to the kitchen. "Come, sit." he pointed to the long chairs behind the kitchen island. "Here." he handed me a perfectly sealed cardboard bag with something inside.

"What's this?" I asked, opening the bag.

"It's your dress, it's been washed," he calmly replied, turning his back to me as he opened a cupboard door.

"Oh, thank you." I smiled nervously, realizing I forgot his sweater. In fact, I usually sleep wearing it. "Sorry, I forgot to give you the sweater; I'll give it to you tomorrow. I took it to the dry cleaner, and, ugh, it slipped my mind that I had to give it to you."

He turned to me, smiling. "Don't worry, I've noticed you often use it as pajamas. Keep it, it suits you," he shrugged without any issue.

"How..." I asked, confused and embarrassed, "have you seen me sleeping?"

"Since Freya respects people's privacy, she refused to install cameras in the rooms, so Max occasionally makes us give tours." he replied as he took out a first aid kit from the cupboard.

"Do you do it often?" I asked, watching as he opened the refrigerator and seemingly retrieved medication.

"Four does it more often, he can't live without his new girlfriend, Andrea, right?"

"Do you know about..." I trailed off, leaving the words hanging in the air, thinking about exactly what to say.

"Four and his forbidden romance? Yes," he said, opening the first aid kit and taking out several items.

"Do you cover for him?" I asked in a murmur as I watched him approach, taking my left arm.

"I don't care what he does, but just as he knows about his forbidden affair, he knows that I disguised your fight with Jade by 'accidentally' erasing the recordings. Take it as a collective benefit, it didn't harm him, and he doesn't harm me. Simple."

"It burns you inside, doesn't it?" I asked with a smile. "You can't stand the idea of a snob knowing something that could harm you."

"You have no idea. Now, don't move. I'm going to inject you."

"What are you going to inject me with?" I asked as I watched him take the syringe and administer some medication.

"It'll stop hurting and heal faster. We're two days away from week five, the fights will begin, and it's not convenient for you to have that wound." he replied, taking my arm.

He inserted the needle into my arm carefully, a torturous delicacy, a painful prick that made me bite my lip and suppress a groan as I felt the liquid enter my system.

"It's true." I murmured as Eric withdrew the needle.

"It's a new serum from Erudite, consider yourself lucky. Few have access to this medication, and in 5 days, you'll be good as new." he disassembled the syringe and threw it in the trash bin.

"Why so fast? Is it reliable?" I asked with distrust.

He shrugged. "It's Erudite technology; they're getting more advanced every day. They're still conducting studies, but if I didn't have a reaction, you don't have to worry."