Chapter 54

It was a rainy day, the day began with cool and very pleasant breezes. I opened my eyes to the sound of the rain and enjoyed it, it was such a pleasurable feeling to want to stay lying down, enjoying the sound. Despite it being a great day, there was a problem, one that hadn't crossed my mind until I opened my eyes and saw the date below the time, today was my birthday. Today I turn 17, and since I noticed the date, I can't help but pray that no one finds out. I hope no one realizes and that there's no special tradition in the faction.

In Amity, there was, although not everyone gave you something if they wished you a happy birthday and prepared your favorite dish for you, I hope not here. Needless to say, I hate my birthday; it's simply a way to add another year to your age and continue with your existence. I sat up in my bed, looking out the window at the raindrops and the cloudy day, not without noticing that Eric was sleeping next to me with a slight snore. I smiled.

Tonight there was no sex, we simply slept facing each other and he was the first to lie on his back and fall asleep while I watched him with fear and even fascination. Tonight I would go to Amity with Eric and see Johanna, the difference was that this time I would be seen as a leader and could enter and listen to what they say.

"Aren't you sleeping?" the groan of a sleepy Eric sounded next to me.

"Or you sleep too much. » I contradicted, shrugging.

With both hands, he rubbed his face trying to shake off the sleepiness, but he still had his sleepy eyes, which gave me a rather tender image. He leaned forward, resting his head on his hand, and I mimicked his action. "It's 6 o'clock. » Eric warned, raising an eyebrow. "Do you know you can sleep for at least another hour? We'll go to Amity at 12. » he chuckled nasally.

"I don't want to sleep anymore." I replied casually.

He approached me. "Insomnia ?" I nodded in agreement, confirming it.

Then he caressed my cheek with his knuckles. "What did you want to find out from Ronald?" he whispered. 

I licked my lips and smiled. "I think he wants to recruit me, his rebellion is still on." I replied. "I thought if I let him talk, I might find out something useful for you, wouldn't it?"

"He wants to recruit you." he repeated with a nod as he seemed to ponder. "What did you tell him?" he narrowed his eyes, looking suspicious.

"Nothing, I pretended I didn't know, I waited for him to finish talking, but then you arrived, and he didn't continue. He wants me to be his successor once Max is overthrown, and he becomes the leader of the faction."

"You, and not his son." he raised an eyebrow. "It's very tempting, isn't it? Do you want to be the leader of the faction? After all, with him, you will be."

I frowned. "Do you think I'll accept?"I asked offended. "Do you really think I would be disloyal to you? I wanted to be a leader, and now I am, but being the leader of the faction is not in my plans..."

His kisses silenced me, his soft lips touching mine, silencing me in one of the best ways possible.

"Alright." he whispered.

Then I took him by the nape of his neck and brought him closer to continue the kiss in the same way.

***********************************

Breakfast had been very quiet. While Eric chose to have his meal upstairs with the other leaders, I stayed downstairs with Tiana and Andrea.

Andrea had completed her nursing training and was officially with them, taking shifts and caring for the wounded. Occasionally, she would go to the official hospital of all factions as a service, and from what I saw, she was quite happy. She told me about Derek, who remembered her from our incident but preferred to forget it, or at least that's what she said. Hall and Dean joined our conversation, updating Andrea as we were an official group of Dauntless.