PROLOGUE

I sat there in that court room couldn't believe I was locked up for murders I didnt commit

I sat there in that court room couldn't believe I was locked up for murders I didnt commit. I love my wife and my daughters but here I am sitting here.

I dont know why I am here because of my job that took me around the world on a regular basis, was denied bail because I was considered a flight risk

I dont know why I am here because of my job that took me around the world on a regular basis, was denied bail because I was considered a flight risk. This of course failed to acknowledge the fact that I had a couple of young kids that needed my support at that time while they was in the hospital fighting for their lives. Why would I run I have no reason to run for what. They was looking at me like I was some killer.

Once I was let go found not guilty, I went right to the hospital. Tara had passed away only ten minutes before I'd arrived. But Allora, my perfect little Allora, was fighting for her life, in critical condition. She'd always been a fighter, would never back down from any challenge. She'd beat this too, I just knew it.

I sat with my baby when the doctors came out after 6 hours and declared the worst was over and she was in stable condition, I was so happy to hear this. Me and my true friends and my mother,sister stayed by her side, one of us always present, and my mom called me when my baby woke up and spoke. For three long days we watched her slowly heal in the hospital, the worst of her bruises, cuts and contusions blossoming on the second day, and only just starting to fade again.

At 4:18 pm on December 7th she passed away. No warning, no reason, she was there, and then she wasn't I talked to her made her laugh, smile I made faces at her she told me she was ready to go home. Then she left me she went to sleep as I read to her all night while she slept, she left me. The doctors suspected a clot. I suspected incompetence.

I finally understood how a person could get so down on themselves that life might not even feel worth living.

KNOCK,KNOCK

I snapped out of it and looked at the door I knew who it was Derrick and his wife Cathy they don't know how to go away. I rolled off the couch opening the door for them. He walked in patting me on my back and I went to the window and stood there looking out it.

"Breakfast Dom" Cathy said she'd bring food, which she'd set in front of me, and refused to leave until I at least tried it.She'd talk God, how that woman could talk! I got tired just listening I'd look at Derrick who didn't seem to b bothered. Cathy told me all the neighborhood gossip, town gossip, political gossip - she was plugged in everywhere and knew it all. Who was doing what, or whom.

I'd lost more than 10 pounds, and really just wanted to crawl in a hole and die. But Cathy and Derrick wouldn't let me. They made it their personal mission to cheer me up, get me to respond, bring me back to life.

"Nigga Look we need your help with Lyndsey ummm Ms. Stinson" Derrick said and I turned and looked at him, here we go.