Chapter Fifty-Five

Katniss POV-

"Aunt Katniss! Wake up because we are hungry!" I hear Peeta calling, trampling up our staircase. He runs into our bedroom with two of my favorite kids is his arms, all three of them smiling away.

He sets them down on the bed and Carter crawls over to me as I blink my heavy eyes. She puts her chubby hand on my face and slaps at me softly at me as I sit up.

"Hey, Carter." I say, picking her up and placing her in my lap or what's left of it.

Finn is still a little wobbly sitting up so Peeta helps him stay up but he's really happy.

Both of them are.

She laughs a little at me and I turn her around in my lap, facing Peeta and Finn.

"We're hungry." Peeta says and Finn waves his little arms around.

"I'm coming." I say with a laugh a little.

Peeta smiles and leans forward, kissing me on the lips, all three of our babies in between.

He smiles a little, stands up, putting Finn on his hip then reaches out for Carter and I shake my head, "I'll get her." I say.

"You sure? I can take them both again." Peeta says.

I shake my head, "I got her. I'll be down in a minute." I say and he nods, exiting our bedroom.

Carter looks up at me with her brown eyes after they leave.

"You're almost out of room on my lap, Carter." I tell her and she babbles something to me.

She's 'talking' a lot more now and it's really cute.

I always have felt like she understands us and what we say and just expressed it through facial expressions or crying or babbling.

"Happy Thanksgiving, too. It's your very first one!" I say to her.

She smiles at me.

"You were kind of here last Thanksgiving too." I laugh, remembering how Carter was technically here.

So, I guess Willow is technically here too for her Thanksgiving.

I climb out of bed, picking her up again, growing out of breath. I sigh and decide to try something, she's getting old enough I think.

I stand her on her feet and hold her hands and she lifts her legs up, trying to sit.

I laugh, "Try it. I'm sure you'll like it better than crawling." I say, pulling her up a little and she throws her legs back up.

Finally, I get her to stand up on her chubby feet and I try it again, taking little steps with her this time.

Carter giggles as she takes little steps and finally, we make it to the staircase.

"I don't know if we want to try going down the stairs just yet." I say with a laugh and she stands there, holding onto my hands, keeping herself up.

"Come on. I'll give you some food if you want it. Uncle Peeta makes really yummy food." I say, picking her up and holding her high above my belly. 

We go downstairs to find Annie, Bristol, Finnick, Peeta, and Finn in the living room.

"There she is!" Finnick says.

I roll my eyes and go over, sitting next to Peeta on the couch.

Carter sitting in my lap again and Finn in his.

"How are you feeling?" Bristol asks me.

I shrug, "I feel alright." I say, but I know she was meaning more of between Peeta and I than my pregnancy.