PART 38 "Cursed Childhood"

Mrs Kim: It-This dress belongs to her mother.

She said looking at everyone.

Taehyung: Why would she even wear it then?

Jing-Xiu didn't said anything and went towards her room. Everyone's gaze followed her but no one uttered a word they all just kept quiet. After she left everyone's eyes were on Mrs Kim.

She sighed knowing it's time to tell everyone.

Mrs Kim: Because she-she still thinks of her as her mother.

She sat down on the couch due to exhaustion.

Mrs Kim: No matter how much she was wronged in her childhood by her mother she's still a little girl who just wants her mother's attention and love.

Hoseok: I understand it but the thing is you said she was your biological daughter. Why did you lie?

Mrs Kim: She didn't wanted anyone to know about her past, and even if she isn't my real daughter I love her like my own, but she's still living in her past. That someday she'll have everything that she wanted in her childhood.

Mrs Kim: I first saw Xiu with her father. He was a businessman in Korea at that time she was just 11 or 12. I honestly don't even know how she remembers all these things so young.

Mrs Kim: Her father was a really nice man we met in a social event. Next I heard was that her father had gone missing some said he went to China after his wife.

Mrs Kim: And my poor Xiu was left all alone in that house. I remember when she was suffering from a very high fever, I was called in to check on her it was a very rainy night that day. But she wasn't letting anyone in her room, after so many tries she finally let me inside, and I saw her blank face staring at me through the dark. She didn't said anything and laid back in her bed to sleep.

Mrs Kim: Later her father was officially declared missing after a search of almost 2 years they gave up. Till then I had adopted Xiu and requested her to go to China so that she can stay peacefully without remembering her past.

Mrs Kim: But still her life wasn't easy, those red eyes that she inherited from that wench was still like a curse.

Mr Kim: Curse?

Mrs Kim: Yes. It was a curse, just because of those eyes people called her with stupid names and stuff they always made my Xiu miserable and instead of complaining like she should've she stayed quiet. She tolerated all those stupid people so that I wouldn't get worried.

Tears fell from her eyes as she remembered a moment.

13 years before

Go-eun: Doll, you should've told me that what's happening with you.

She said wiping a 13 year old Jing-Xiu who had a bruise on her hand and she just had slapped a girl and because of that she had to come to school.

Jing-Xiu: I just didn't want you to worry. I can take care of those stupid lads myself.

She said.

Go-eun: There is nothing that you should hide from me. I'm your mother Xiu.

Jing-Xiu looked at her blankly as she used the word mother.