Funny How Love Is

Tess was right there, her eyes sparkling like literal diamonds, and Brian pressed the ring box at his side, making sure it was still there. The sky was lovely, and he was right about to get on his knee when she finally spoke up. 

"We need to break up." She said, looking into his eyes. His mind crashed. "W-what?" Brian stuttered, feeling his heart dropping to his feet. "You heard me, Bri" Tess said, putting her hand over his. "We need to break up, your just too invested in that band of yours." She said, putting on a sympathetic act. 

"No." Brian said, pulling his hand away. "If you knew anything about me, then you would have known that I loved you more than ANY band, even fucking Queen." He said confidently. He wanted to be strong, have the last laugh, be the better person, just like Freddie would want him to do. "You know-" Brian said, standing up, his body climbing over Tess, who was 5'4.  He takes the ring box and opens it. It was a beautiful diamond ring. "I was going to propose tonight. I bought this nice ass ring, because I fucking loved you. And I wanted to wake up and see your face next to me every goddamn morning. And this. God." Brian shoved the ring box back into his pocket and started walking away. 

"Brian, I-" Tess tried to say, running after him. What has she done? 

Brian went back to his flat, where Roger was eating leftover Japanese takeout on the couch. He turned around, startled. "Brian, I thought you were going to go get a hotel room, so I wouldn't have to hear you and Tess congratulatory banging! He chuckled, getting up and spinning around to put it in the fridge.

 "She-she-she..." Brian started to sob.

 "She what?" Roger said, finally noticing that Brian was sad and ran to his side. 

"She broke up with me." Brian sobbed, his voice filled with anguish and misery. 

"Oh, dear." Roger tried to hug Brian, going on his tip toes and putting his arms around his shoulders.

 "It'll be alright... you have me?"

 Said Roger, noticing his hands were shaking, so he put his hands over them, trying to warm them. Trying to be a comforting "friend," but also congratulating himself. He really thought he was being subtle. 

"It wont be OK, she was the love of my life!" Said Brian, sniffling. Roger frowned. "I'll get reinforcements." Roger ran to the phone and dialed up John and Freddie's numbers. "It's Brian. Stuff happened.  Come over. NOW!" He said when they answered. 

Freddie was the one who got there first, mostly because his house was closer. "Oh, darling." He said, running to the tall man. "Look at you! Can someone get this man a beer?" He looks over at John who just walked in and shooed him over to the fridge. Freddie pulls Brian to the couch and looks at him. "How did this, (he motions at Brian's face) happen?" 

"Tess dumped me." Brian said, and took a sip of the beer. Strange, Brian almost never drank. That was Roger's thing. 

"That whore!" Exclaimed Freddie.

"Oh my God, Freddie! You can't say that!" John stared Freddie down, hoping Freddie would oblige to his stares. 

"I most certainly can, darling!" Freddie said. 

"You obviously need some Freddie POWAHHHH!" Freddie ran and turned off the lights. He jumped around before finding their record player and slammed on a Queen record. 

"I swear to fucking God, Freddie if you break any of this shit, your paying!" Roger started chasing Freddie around. 

"I'm a goddamn rock star, its fine!" Freddie screamed. 

"You're not a rock star, you are an egotistical sewer rat!" Roger had Freddie cornered. Freddie climbed over the table.

"You shall never catch me, Blondie! NEVAH!" Freddie cackled. And looked over to see Brian chuckle. It was working! Freddie started performing the worst ballet anyone has ever seen. During his crappy performance, his shoe flew off. 

"I've lost my shoe!" Freddie exclaimed, gasping. 

"Cinderella." John said. 

Brian laughed a little as Freddie started telling Brian what his shoe looked like and told him he needed wanted posters for his poor shoe. It could be lost in London somewhere, sleeping under a bridge! 

"You know, it could have run out of money! Maybe it needs money! I don't know! Ow! What the-"

 Freddie was sitting on the ring box. It must have fallen out of Brian's pocket! 

"Oh." Freddie exhaled and looked over at Brian. 

Brian started crying again. 

Freddie looked over at Roger, who looked back, his eyes motioning for him to leave, so he could be alone with Brian. To comfort him? Did he have ulterior motives? Freddie knew what he had to do. "Alright, Deaky dear, we must leave now." He grabbed his arm and whispered into his ear as the left, "I'll tell you later." 

Roger shuffles next to Brian's wilting body. "Would you like some company?" He says, patting Brian's shoulder.  (The next chapter is titled Good Company BTW)

"I-I just don't want to be alone..." Brian says. He grabbed Roger's hand. "Freddie and John already left... would you, maybe.. stay in my room with me tonight?" Brian whispers. 

Roger was startled by Brian taking Roger's hand in his."Of course." Roger says. He hugs his friend and goes to the kitchen to make Brian some tea. 

"You're my best friend, Roggy." Roger hears his name from when they were little kids in the 6th grade. 

"Your my best friend too, Bri." Roger says, looking over at Brian, who had fallen asleep. 

"I love you, Brimi." Roger whispers, and kissed Brian very lightly on the forehead. 

What was he doing? He knew Brian was straight, but he couldn't help his feelings. Roger sighed and went to his bedroom. He couldn't stop thinking about Brian taking his hand. Did Brian feel the same? Of course he doesn't feel the same, he has, or HAD a girlfriend! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hello my beauties!  I Love Queen, duh!!! (Currently listening to Killer Queen.) OK, OK! in all seriousness, I'm so excited to have finished my first chapter and I'm hoping that it's popular enough so I have the motivation to write more!

 I got the Idea to make author notes after reading Sleepless In London, by the seven seas of sigh (She has made 5 books/ stories and they are absolutely breathtakingly amazing and I love her! I completely recommend her stories!! READ THEM!)     

(Good old fashioned lover boy just started playing oh my god) OK so I know that this wasn't very Maylor yet, but this is just a little context. 

(Somebody to love just started playing. Sorry for telling you my entire Spotify playlist. Love of my life just started playing while i'm proofreading and I have decided to tell you that. )

Toodles! 

-Dahlia <3