Eccedentesiast (n.) someone who hides pain behind a smile

Lily...

Another interview, another day. One thing about interviews was the mere thrill of impressing people that would dictate her future. Well, that's what she thought every time going into meetings. Though she randomly applied for every available position, for some reason she had walked her way onto blacklist. The introduction was a killing but half way through, her interviewer seemed dejected and distant. Truthfully, Lily hoped she didn't get any offers if the employees a part of that company was drab and miserable. Call her picky but she wasn't too happy with an environment that employees enjoyed.

She was quite spoiled in Australia. Everyone she had met on the hospital board enjoyed their jobs. The doctors and nurses, though they were harsh on first impressions, loved working for Royal hospital. The drive and passion illuminated Lily's spirit and made her contagious to thriving.

But now, Lily was awaiting her Uber ride outside a private practice that had amazing views on their Indeed. Maybe it was her fault for getting her hopes high instead of doing some further digging. But honestly, she was exhausted.

Since she had moved with Tori and Maya, the two lovebirds were just disgustingly cute. Some nights when Lily would come home late, the newlyweds would be having an adorable date night in, watching an old movie with popcorn and the loads of snacks. And every time she tiptoed in, they would bribe her with her favorite snacks. Talk about a third wheel, Lily was theirs.

Everyday since she's been in New York, her daily routine would be an interview or two then straight to the Gadot tower where she would wait to meet with the impossible woman that wouldn't give her the time of day. She was usually escorted out by one of the security men before doing it all over again the next day and the next.

Two whole weeks went by and her bickering adorable aunts had hosted family dinners on Saturdays with their insistence to attend church on Sunday with the both of them. They couldn't help their simpering every time her babies would go absolutely wild. And they couldn't resist fulfilling her need of chocolate pancakes doused in mustard and syrup. Aunt Vivienne insisted that she would be a good fit at the university, possibly starting as a professor's assistant as well as taking classes. But Lily was done with schoolwork, she wanted to be in the midst of surgery holding a scalpel.

Everyday she video chatted with London needing her expertise and sometimes just her witty self. Though since Gal had given her the cold shoulder, she sought out the psychiatrist for relationship advice. Poor Hani was another sore subject as Lily usually ends up crying after their calls. She missed the clingy sugar glider and his high pitched squeaking when he got excited.

As soon as the tower was right in front of her, Lily squirmed from the pure embarrassment she procured. Though the security guards pitied her every time they had to close the floor down, she still showed up and that had to count for something. Lily gathered her guts and awaited for the glass doors to open. Immediately, the group of gentlemen in suits waved her in with passive smiles that silently wished her luck. If only, she thought before waltzing across marbled floors. She presses the elevator button, headed up and hopefully towards a better outcome than before.

When the sleek metal doors slid open, her blood ran cold staring into an older reflection of the woman she loved. Flaunting around like she owned this building, Ilana Gadot still made her uneasy with her scrutiny. She could feel the contents of her stomach twisting before she could even change her mind.

"Ms. Spencer."

The woman's grating voice had stolen the chill air of the lobby, completely stilling Lily at the sliding door. Her hands instantly felt clammy as Lily plastered a half hearted smile.

"Ma'am," Lily greeted, thinking about how fast she could get far away from this woman.

Ilana had the ability to make people feel insecure. Thankfully, Lily avoided Gal's mother every chance she got at the wedding. Maybe it was mostly due to Aunt Regina and Vivienne for protection. Or maybe her mother who would appear, checking on her at the most oddest times. Lily wondered why in the hell did fate throw the very witch in her path. She wracked her brain before her name repeatedly echoes in her mind.