Kismet(n.) destiny. Fate.

Gal....

She paced around the small space, awaiting the intel downloading on her USB drive. Hours of work poured from the screens which the web had provided. The game of cat and mouse got complicated when Rovena's ties to Albania's notorious crime family was discovered. The woman was one of five children to a drug lord that was still running through international waters.

Rovena being the middle child and the first born daughter behind two brutal sons had made her way through different European countries countries. Each one has ties to Albania through the same crime scene. Extortion, drug smuggling, human trafficking, everything. And she hadn't stayed in one country as long she did in the United States. Hell, even Rovena had dealings in Israel.

What baffled Gal was her presence in the United States. Clearly the woman invested in honing her skills in medical care to convince UCLA that she was a vital surgeon. But why did the woman keep the facade and landed in New York City was behind her. She couldn't link the missing years since Lily had disappeared and why Rovena had interest in Lily in particular.

Yes, Lily was beautiful beyond compare but why her? Why did Lily show up on her radar and become a thrill for Evelyn Lancaster?

There was no reason to pick a random woman that hadn't come of riches. There was absolutely no reason why a predator would risk it all for someone from Lily's background.

As her mind kept swirling around the elusive details of her woman, Gal pulled the chair from the desk and sat down next to Tatum. She types in a name that she wished she could scratch off the planet.

Earl Charles Spencer

An immeasurable amount of assets pertaining to the Spencer family popped up on her screen. Generational wealth stretching back to the sixteenth century. Accumulated wealth over the years with ties to the British royal family through Princess Diana.

Her eyes close from the particular moments of Lily's childhood. The dowry to her Aunt Diana's wealth when she had come of age. She knew she shouldn't be delving into Lily's personal affairs but Gal had a suspicion that Rovena had already done so. With a code Tatum provided, she hacked through HM treasury and bonds searching for the Spencer fortune.

A gasp left her lips when Princess Diana's will opened on her screen. She skipped through numerous names mentioned until she landed on Lily Diana Spencer. Her heart stilled in her rib cage over every syllable as Gal reread the paragraph.

Immediately, Gal was in her feet because the truth was astounding. According to Princess Diana, Lily was substantially wealthier than her. The jewels left to her girlfriend paled her accumulated assets. If they ever compared apples to oranges, Lily's fortune made hers a drop in a bucket.

"I need to make a call."

She slipped out into the small hallways, running the magnetic token over the shrine until the drawer concealing her phones pops out. Gal's fingers trembled as she pulled her personal cellphone and began dialing Lily's number.

She surveyed the closed door at the end of the hallway before weaving through the tiny apartment space. Gal stepped out of the front door despite it being only three in the morning and the morning lurkers are still out. Her call went straight to the woman's voicemail. Which was odd considering how much times they had agreed to keep their phone open. Quite a damn contradiction when she closed the call log and her phone started lighting up with Lily's messages. She curse forgetting how the hacker had placed a no service zone within the apartment.

Gal sighs against the wall, reading over the loving messages from her lover before she was dialing Lily's phone again. Time and time again she was greeted by the woman's voicemail until she started texting. But still no reply after a minute.