Nemesism (n.) frustration, anger or aggression directed inward

"Alex Whittaker?"

Two distinct voices filled the restroom curiously pulling Lily out of the stall. Her throat swelled up as her eyes met a pair of familiar dark pits. Her gaze dropping to the woman's ruffled dress shirt pouring over the waist band, unlike the crisp attire she was used to. She glanced up at the blonde whom was pulling at the hem of her dress as Alex was paler than a ghost.

"Lily?"

She could hear her name passing through plush lips before Lily could comprehend her next actions. Her ears rang with the slamming of her own stall door before she was pushing pass the seductive CEO and the sweet blonde she had met. Lily grabbed ahold of Alex's shirt and practically dragged the woman out of the restroom.

"Th-that...they...wow," Alex finally stuttered unable to convey what they both witnessed.

But Lily was steaming with anger and she didn't know why. She had no right to be jealous. She had no right to feel angry towards Gal but she couldn't help it. She stood at the edge of the party in shambles despite telling herself to calm down.

"Hey, you okay?" Alex whispers, standing in front of her.

Lily swipes angrily at her tears, shaking her head before she was crumbling into Alex's arms. She giggles at the woman's awkward pats on her back despite her tumultuous emotions about what she had just witnessed.

"I reckon that was an intense moment for you," Alex murmurs, relaxing a bit. "But now I do know why you're so strung up on her," she teases.

Despite the painful sting, Lily's mouth parted with laughter, "shut up," she scolds playfully.

Alex just held her from falling, "honestly, I don't know how to feel. Sutton isn't as innocent as she looks. And I'm not by all means, offended or envious. Well, maybe a little," she snickers. Lily hits the woman's arms causing Alex's whooping laughter, "I'm just saying. From a woman that hadn't had her oil changed for awhile, it's quite riveting."

Lily punched Alex's arm as she guffawed, "you're insufferable."

"On a serious note," Alex murmurs, pulling back to gaze into Lily's eyes, "I think we should give them a taste of their own medicine. We mind our business and pay them no mind. Clearly, you're still much in love with the woman and I'm still trying to figure it out. Though what we witness tonight was a bit of a drawback. I just want the same thing you do which is forgiveness. And you're single-"

"And pregnant," Lily points out causing the woman to roll her eyes.

"And carrying babies, yes," Alex enunciates, "I was getting to that. You can't have a stiff drink but I can. So how about we both be each other's shields and have the time of our lives? I'm sure you could waltz or waddle or something."

Her chest filled with laughter as Lily throws back her head, amused by the woman's humor. She burled into Alex's chest for the hell of it, "I don't waddle," she spits giddily.

"You will soon," Alex teases, quite literally pushing Lily off of her.

Meanwhile, Gal was in the bushes trying hard not to eavesdrop on her ex lover with Alex whom she had learned from Sutton that Alex Whittaker was the girl that she fell in love with many years ago. She had to wrangle it out of the blonde but after she had put the dots together, Gal was in a trifling mess in her head. It was accidental that she stumbled upon Lily and Alex coddled closely together. She barely could make out the words, okay she couldn't but something in her chest burn fiercely when she seen the two with one another.

Alex was a very private person with barriers as long as the Great Wall of China. Her husband hadn't had good things to say about her but Gal wasn't stupid to know that Alex was definitely an eye candy. The woman was beautiful and quite honestly, an amazing person on the inside according to Maya. Her sister was quite the social butterfly.