Aeipathy (n.) an enduring and consuming passion

By the time Gal had her first meeting and Ilana was off to meet with her friends, Lily was overwhelmed with happiness. She needed to hurry to her second interview with Saddle River's private practice which her Uber had gotten to the doorstep in a jiffy.

Lily felt content with her potential employer. The facilities were immaculately clean that Aunt Viv would be proud to teach her courses in. And that woman was tidier than anyone she knew. The technology wasn't outdated enough that she would need to be retrained on them. It was simple and up to date but not as innovative as Royal Children's hospital.

By the time her tour was over, Lily was over the moon excited about her interview that she prayed for the position. It wasn't as grand but very much comfortable for family practices. She could see herself walking the very halls every morning but she just needed the hiring staff to see that her pregnancy wouldn't be a problem.

She pulled out her phone to draw up an Uber ride but then Tori's messages came flooding in. Lily smiled at her pestering best friend and decided to check with Gal to see if she was busy. Unfortunately, Gal was up to her neck in meetings but a blessing came in a form of a fiery woman that pulled up at the town's cafe.

Tori's fill of caffeine had them speeding off towards Prescott's residence simply because she was curious about her baby photo albums. Ilana and Gal had sparked motivation to dig through some of her things. And Tori was always one to walk down memory lane. She was a sucker for sentimental memories especially when Uncle Tucker would peep through the basement door to check on them.

"Look here it is!"

Lily whipped around from holding her baby photo album to her best friend. Her eyes went wide from pure astonishment as Tori held an armful of floral baby dresses. Some came in pairs with a matching bonnet because Aunt Viv and her grandmother had seen a set for the both of them. If that wasn't such a sibling thing, she didn't know what was.

"That's terrible," Lily guffaws extending her arms out for the dresses.

Tori cackles loudly, dropping next to Lily, "I can't believe I was seen in these. It's hideous," she expresses.

"Hideous is an understatement," Lily pouts turning the old material over again. "I can't imagine what they were thinking for putting us in these."

"You're both ungrateful pests."

At Aunt Vivienne's voice, Lily and Tori stiffen before their eyes watered with laughter and they couldn't hold back. She tumbled towards her best friend, knocking them onto their backs as her midsection squeeze entirely with content filled pain.

"Lily Bear," Aunt Vivienne voices scoldingly, "I leave you with my daughter for a few hours and your manners go out the door," she taunts playfully.

Her aunt's enduring smile cause her dreamy dimpled gleam, "she's my other soulmate," Lily defends as Tori grabs onto her arm, still laughing hysterically.

Tori's mother chortles softly, "trust me it's obvious," she teases.

Tori smiles widely, "hi mama," she utters fondly before her brows scrunch into a glare, "we need to talk. How in the hell did you think this," she gestures to the dresses, "was at all beautiful?"

Vivienne rolls her eyes, "it was beautiful then but I don't know now. The child that wore the clothes was an absolute Angel. Little did I know, she would be a massive headache," she banters.

Tori giggles warmly before extending her arms, "carry me mama," she pouts giddily.

Her mother scoffs as Lily had her fill of laughter and then extends her arms as well.