Mizpah (n.) deep emotional bond between people, especially separated in distance

Tori....

All of November seem to pass her by as the days inches closer to her wedding day. So many things to check off her preparation list and so little time to do so. Thankfully, she had fitted perfectly into her wedding dress but the spread of thanksgiving platters will say otherwise.

"Stop your pouting."

Despite the stresses of her wedding in exactly a month, Tori's smile grew with her fiancé's arm tangled around her body.

"You're going to be beautiful as ever walking down the aisle to me," Maya murmurs sweetly against her cheek.

Tori blew out an exasperated breath, "is it too late to elope?" she queries playfully prompting Maya to squeeze a bit tighter.

Her wife to be chortles breathily, "I would marry you right now if I could. But," she pauses spinning Tori around, "then your mother would kill me if she wasn't there. And I could only imagine what your father would do if I whisked you off to Vegas."

She sneered without any menace behind it, "that woman adores you and my father would see you in the ground before you step foot in Vegas," Tori bit back. "But then, it would be cheaper," she sighs looking at the folder her wedding planner sent over.

"There's no amount of money that could possibly be too much for binding you to me," Maya smirks wickedly. "Besides, I have the joy of taking the wedding dress off, bit by bit."

Tori guffaws, melting into Maya's arms, "dreaming about it?"

"I am," Maya snickers warmly, leaning in to capture her lips.

Losing herself in the moment was still an unexpected thing, considering she been shacked up with the vice president for almost six years. And because company will arrive soon.

Too soon as the sounds of their front door of opens, inviting conversations to flow through their whole townhouse. She pouts subtly before Maya's brother comes stomping into the kitchen with two children in his arms.

"Interrupting something?" Abe chuckles dryly glancing from his sister to Tori still holding onto one another.

Maya smiles lopsidedly, leaning in to place another kiss on Tori's cheek, "not at all."

Slowly removing her arms, Tori peeks at the thanksgiving dinner spread that was delivered a half an hour ago before Ilana's high pitched voice prompted her arrival.

Despite the woman giving Lily an imaginable wicked experience, Ilana had transformed into a docile woman when her second grandchild made her debut. Thankfully, Maya's mother hadn't been hard on her fiancé as she had with Gal but still Tori held onto the past. Grudges? Maybe. But she had her reasons and Maya respected them as well regardless of the blood quantum.

After Ilana doted on her second daughter, Tori's arms were filled with the older woman. But as soon as she gave her hug, the sooner she found the woman spinning out of her arms. She didn't mind the slight sting since Maya's father was in her arms.

"Hello Hellion," Noah laughs softly, "you look wonderful as always. Is my daughter keeping you happy?"

Maya smiles looking over her shoulder at her fiancé, "if she wasn't, I would've called off the whole engagement."

Noah threw back his head in laughter before the front door opened once more. Excitement buzzed around as Tori takes off towards the foyer where her parents come shuffling through the front door. Her poor father carrying a heavy pan with her mother's infamous thanksgiving turkey in which he scooted towards the kitchen.

"I'm going to have to schedule another fitting after this," Tori jests as her mother wraps her arm around her.

"Don't be dramatic," Vivienne Prescott scolds before Tori began stripping her mother's coat to place in the closet.