13: a lie

Maddie's pov:

When Dylan texted me early this morning I sort of freaked out and made up something things.

I mean it wasn't a total lie, I did have cheer and I sort of had a family thing. Kind of.. okay not really.

I just... didn't want to give her the wrong idea or anything. I think it's better if we work on the project in a public setting.

Ugh fuck am I thinking like an asshole. I mean just because she's gay doesn't mean shes like into me or whatever.

Well I already told her I wasn't free so it's fine.

But I should probably actually make plans do I don't feel like a total asshole.

Okay well so much for that

I walked down the hall to my sisters room to see if she was awake. I knocked loudly on her door.

"What?" I heard her say from inside.

I opened the door and saw her lying on the floor with her computer. She was still in her pajamas.

"What are you doing on the floor" I asked.

"Studying"

"On the floor?"

"It's comfy"

"Mmm okay" I said, stepping more into her room. "Hey you wanna do something with me before I go to cheer"

She looked up at me but didn't answer.

"I guess thats a no then"

"Sorry." She said. "I'm just hanging out with friends later and I have so much homework to do. I want to get it all done. But maybe we can do something another time" she said. I could tell she felt bad.

"Yeah sure thats fine." I said, smiling at her.

I went back to my room and sat on my bed. My phone started buzzing and when I checked who it was I was a little surprised.

 My phone started buzzing and when I checked who it was I was a little surprised