29: hungover

Dylan's pov:

"How was last night?" Kacey asked me the next morning.

Her car was in the shop so I gave her a ride to school. We had just pulled into the school lot when she asked me.

"Uh it was... good" I said. I decided not to tell her about going to Sandy's or the party. I didn't need any more shit from my friends.

But to be honest I couldn't stop thinking about last night.

Maddie and I were supposed to hate each other yet we spent last night hanging out together. And it wasn't forced on us like the project.

I wasn't sure what was happening. But I don't think I mind it.

"Good? That's it?" She asked, trying to get more information from me.

"What else do you want me to say?" I shrugged.

"I don't know.. did yall go to Sandy's?" She asked me. I sighed.

"Yes we went to Sandy's. We hung out. We ate food. We talked. Happy?"

She rolled her eyes at me and got out of the car. "You're such a dick"

I threw my hands up and got out of the car to follow her. "Look I'm just tired of you guys making big deal out of it, I'm not trying to be a dick"

She stopped walking and looked at me. "I know." She said to me. "I feel bad about that okay? But to be fair usually it's V making those jokes"

"Yeah I know... which is why it's great that she doesn't know about any of it"

Kacey narrowed her eyes at me and raised  an eyebrow. "I feel like there's more you're not telling me" she said.

"Oh there definitely is" I said as I started walking away without her. She quickly started walking to catch up.

As we walked into the building, I began to tell Kacey about the whole night. The Mike situation, Sandy's, and the party and how Maddie got wasted.

I loved all of my friends but Kacey was the one person I could tell anything without judgement.

_________________________________

Maddie's pov:

So I may have underestimated how much I was really going to drink.

I drank a lot....like a lot.

I don't know why I drank so much since I get drunk super easily.

But man I was regretting that decision now.

Basically it felt like someone had slammed my head into the concrete, over and over and over.

Every few seconds my head would pound and that pain would not go away.

I sat in math totally zoned out. When the bell finally rang, make my head pound more, I packed up my bag and left the room.

I started walking to my next class but stopped when I saw my sister in the hallway. She had swim practice early so I hadn't yet seen her today.

"Sadie" I called after her. She turned around and raised her eyebrows at me. I walked closer to her.

"Wow I'm surprised you're here" she said. "Didn't think a hangover and school would mix well"

"Yeah well it's not" I said, rubbing my forehead. "So I'm guessing I woke you up last night?"

"Yep" She scoffed and looked back at me. "You could barely get up the stairs"