30: introspection

Maddie's pov:

"What wrong?" Leo asked me as I sat down.

"Nothing, I was just uh talking to Dylan"

Leo still looked at me confused. "About what?"

Now I felt like I had to tell her.

"Well I uh, had asked Dylan and Kacey to come to the game last night... you know since it was against Hillcrest"

Leo just looked at me confused still before it clicked.

"Wait Mike was at the game? I didn't know he played football"

"He doesn't. But they make all the teams support each other at their big games. He had told me before about it"

She had a guilty look on her face, and now I felt bad that she felt bad.

"Leo it's fine, you didn't know."

"You should have told me. I would have come."

"You probably would have thrown up on everyone" I said, laughing. "You looked like shit on the phone"

"Yeah true" she said, and she cracked a smile. "Okay so you asked Dylan and Kacey?" She asked, wanting me to continue the story.

I took a bite of my Mac and cheese and nodded. "Yeah..I guess I just wanted someone there with me, just in case"

"Understandable" Leo said.

"Kacey couldn't come, she had family plans"

"But Dylan went?" She asked me.

I looked away for a second but then averted my eyes back to Leo.

"Yeah she did."

I nodded and looked away again.

"Okay.... I feel like I'm missing something"

Oh she definitely was. I decided to let it all out. I tend to blab when I'm nervous. 

"Well, I did end up seeing Mike at the game, and Dylan sort of stopped him from talking to me..oh and pushed him a little. Then we went to Sandy's after and had dinner together... I asked about her ex girlfriend. and then we sort of went to Cole's party...and I got super drunk"

I paused and Leo studied me. Her mouth was hanging open a bit.

"And did anything happen at that party?" She asked. I wasn't sure what she was insinuating.

"I don't remember much.. but apparently I was too drunk to go up the stairs, Dylan and Sadie had to help me up" I said, my face getting red.

"Wow. Didn't think you'd be hanging out this much with Dylan huh?" She asked, smirking.

I shook my head.

"Wait so what was the problem?" She asked, titling her head. "I thought you looked upset"

I sighed. " I don't know, this whole thing with Dylan is weird"

"Weird how?" Leo asked. I didn't know exactly how to explain it to her.

"I mean I always feel on edge sort of, when I'm with her. I mean she's fun to hangout with but I don't really see us being friends"

Leo had to stop herself from laughing, I looked at her confused. "You don't see her as a friend?" She asked.

"Whats so funny?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Okay don't yell at me.. but am I wrong to ask is there a chance you like her?" She whispered the last part.