𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. percy gets a shiny new coat

THE BUS ride had gone pretty fast, Thalia, Grover and her had been talking the whole time. Playing some eye spy games or how to bounce an apple.

She did miss Percy and Annabeth, going in a quest wasn't the same without them.

But she did have Grover, she didn't say it out loud that day, but she was very grateful for his presence there.

Zoë drove as if she were a main character in Fast and Furious, meaning, she drove like she wanted to kill Cassie.

At some point they stopped at a convenience store.  Zoë had called Thalia a scullion, don't ask Cassie what it meant- she had no idea either.

They headed towards DC, using Grover's tracking, he was kind of like a human GPS.

Finally, Grover stopped in front of a big building that said NATIONAL AIR AND SPACE MUSEUM.

The Smithsonian! Cassie had only gone inside once, with Sally and Percy when they were kids.

Thalia checked the door. It was open, but there weren't many people going in. Too cold, and school was out of session. They slipped inside. Still there was some people.

Cassie got the feeling they were being followed, she ignored that feeling.

They walked around the museum, Grover leading the group, trying to sense something.

Zoë was getting tired. "Thy-"

Suddenly Percy ran into Thalia- literally. He was barreling up the ramp to the top-floor balcony and slammed into her, knocking her into an Apollo space capsule.

Grover yelped in surprise, Cassie yelped in joy.

Before he could regain my balance, Zoe and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at his chest. Their bows had just appeared out of nowhere.

When Zoë realized who he was, she didn't seem anxious to lower her bow.

"You! How dare you show thy face here?"

Cassie wrapped her arms around Percy, making the other two hunters withdraw their weapons. "It's great you're here."

Zoë glared at her, Cassie ignored her.

"Luke," Percy said, trying to slow his heartbeat. "He's here."

Cassie froze, slowly she got away from Percy. "What?"

The anger in Thalia's eyes immediately melted. She put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?"

Percy told them about the Natural History Museum, Dr. Thorn, Luke, and the General.

"The General is here?" Zoë looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie."

"Why would I lie? Look, there's no time. Skeleton warriors-"

"What?" Cassie said. "How many?"

"Twelve," he said. "And that's not all. That guy, the General, he said he was sending something, a 'playmate,' to distract you over here. A monster."

Thalia and Cassie exchanged looks.

"We were following Artemis's trail," Grover said. "I was pretty sure it led here. Some powerful monster scent... She must've stopped here looking for the mystery monster. But we haven't found anything yet."

"Zoe," Bianca said nervously, "if it is the General-"

"It cannot be!" Zoë snapped. "Percy must have seen an Iris-message or some other illusion."

"Illusions don't crack marble floors," He told her.

Zoë took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. Cassie didn't know what drama the General and Zoë had, but she knew it wasn't the time to ask.