𝐢𝐢𝐢. eaten by wolves, and cold

CASSIE should've followed Travis and Connor to their cabin, but alas, she didn't

"Cassie?" Connor asked. "Are you coming in?"

The brunette saw Percy head towards his own cabin, lost in thought, fumbling with a piece of paper that was the Prophecy. "I— I have to talk with someone."

Travis laughed, knowing who she had to talk to. "Go get 'em tiger."

Cassie blushed and rushed after Percy. Just when he was going to close his door Cassie appeared.

"Cass?" He blinked surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh," she blowed a hair off her face, "I wanted to chat."

"Chat?" He leaned against the door, blocking her from coming in. "It's a bit late for a chat."

Cassie stepped closer. "Are you going to leave me here to get cold and eaten by wolves?"

"It's August Cassie, and there are no wolves," he finally stopped blocking the door.

"Huh, your birthday is in five days."

"You remembered."

She rolled her eyes. "Perce, we've been friends since we were six— I know when your birthday is."

"Okay, miss Fourteenth of February."

Finally Cassie realised she could just go in, she didn't wait for an invitation and got in the cabin.

Percy laughed. "Wow, you really are serious about chatting."

"I am," she paused, "how are you doing with the Prophecy?"

"So that's what you want to talk about."

"Would you rather talk about your summer with Rachel?"

Percy shut up pretty quickly. "It isn't like that— we just kind of... met up." Cassie's unimpressed stare shut him up again. "Fine, I choose Prophecy."

She shuffled her feet. "I'm here, you can talk to me— I'm a pretty good listener when I'm not rambling non stop."

It had taken her some time to realise, she wasn't alone, and Percy wasn't either. She just wanted him to know. She felt pretty stupid, but she had gotten so far, Cassie wasn't one to back down.

"And you'll talk back?" He sat on his bed. "Tit for tat."

Cassie sat beside him. "Fine, tit for tat." And she told him; her deal with Mr. D, the death of Castor, how much her breakfast had sucked, her own fears about the Prophecy and what it could possibly mean.