𝐯𝐢. campers, assemble

CASSIE appeared in camp, from there on, it was all very fast

She hadn't managed to convince Clarisse, and even though she could use charmspeak, the daughter of Ares would never forgive her. It wasn't worth losing her friendship.

The three vans camp had, were mobilised. Argus drove the first van, while two cleaning harpies cleaned the other two. ( Safe to say nobody wanted to go on van's two and three. )

Annabeth and Cassie sat in the bus, on their way to the Queens-Midtown Tunnel, where they would meet Percy.

After half an hour the doors slid open. A bunch of campers climbed out, some of them looking a little green from the long drive.

Many had come: Pollux, Silena, the Stoll brothers, Michael Yew, Drew Tanaka, Katie Gardner, and Annabeth, along with most of her siblings.

Chiron came out of the van last. His horse-half was compacted into his magic wheelchair, so he used the handicap lift.

In total they were about forty campers.

Then Cassie spotted Percy, towards the end of the mass of people. Looking ... different.

Cassie turned to Annabeth. "Percy is there."

Annabeth smiled to see Percy alive and well. "I have to discuss a thing with Malcom— you go."

Cassie didn't waste time and jogged to where Percy was. "Hey!" She stood in front of him. "How did it go?"

Cassie expected a joke or something, but he kept looking at her weirdly.

She frowned. "What is it?"

"What's what?" Percy asked.

"You're looking at me funny."

"It's, uh, nothing." He turned to the rest of the group. "Thanks for coming, everybody. Chiron, after you."

Cassie took a step back, what had happened at the river, to make Percy act that way?

Chiron shook his head. "I came to wish you luck. But I make it a point never to visit Olympus unless I am summoned."

"But you're our leader."

He smiled. "I am your trainer, your teacher. That is not the same as being your leader. I will go gather what allies I can. It may not be too late to convince my brother centaurs to help. Meanwhile, you called the campers here, Percy. You are the leader."

Everyone looked at him expectingly, but he turned to Cassie, who gave him a thumbs up.

Then Percy took a deep breath. "Okay, like Cassie told you, something bad is going to happen by tonight. Some kind of trap. We've got to get an audience with Zeus and convince him to defend the city. Remember, we can't take no for an answer."