𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. ethan feels great after reviving a murderer

"CASSIE wait

"CASSIE wait."

She heard Percy call for her as she went deep into the tunnel, following the smell of eucalyptus.

"Cassie!" The boy whispered.

However she did not turn around.

He grabbed her hand, spinning her around.

"What?" She hissed.

Her mind was still reeling after her fight with Annabeth, she wasn't in the mood, specially not to talk with Percy.

"What's up with you?" He hadn't released her hand. "You've been acting weird since we came back, with Rachel, with me—"

"What's up with you? You go missing for two weeks, because you were in an island of all places! And then—"

"How did you even know?" He looked... desperate, desperate to reach her? Cassie did not know.

Cassie hesitated. "Luke showed me."

"Luke?" Percy sounded worried. "When did you see Luke?"

"After the explosion I ended wherever the Hades he was— it doesn't matter!"

"It does," he realised he still had her hand and dropped it. "You're my best friend Cassie, you can talk to me, I'm here."

Before Cassie could answer someone spoked.

"Yes! Yes!" A second shrieked. "Rewards beyond measure!"

Another voice, this one more human, said: "Um, yeah, well that's great. Now, if you're done with me—"

"No, half-blood!" A telekhine said— Hades, Cassie was sick of those creatures (it totally didn't remind her of Mount St. Helen's). "You must help us make the presentation. It is a great honour!"

"Gee, thanks."

"It's Ethan," Cassie whispered.

Percy rolled his eyes, "we can leave him here."

Cassie shoved his elbow, earning a smile from Percy she didn't see.

They crept towards the end of the tunnel, hiding behind the wall from the tunnel.

They were standing near the top of Mount Tam, with the sea extending itself in front of them.

The monsters moved something on a big rock — something long and thin and wrapped in black cloth.

Ethan was helping them open it.

"Careful, fool," the telekhine scolded. "One touch, and the blade will sever your soul from your body."