𝐱𝐢𝐯. zoë doesn't fw male heroes

THE SKELETONS were still after them, they had no option but to keep moving.

Bianca's death loomed over them, guilt swarming. Cassie could not stop thinking about Nico, how would she tell him?

She clutched the figurine the whole way until they reached a slope that led down to water.

There was a canoe rental, and wind Percy's water magic he managed to steer them towards them.

Thalia and Grover were in one canoe, Percy, Zoë and Cassie in another.

As it turned out, Percy didn't even need to control the currents. As soon as they got in the river, Cassie looked over the edge of the boat and found a couple of naiads staring at her.

They looked like regular teenage girls, the kind you'd see in any mall, except for the fact that they were underwater.

Cassie waved at them, they made a bubbling sound that may have been giggling.

Cassie spoke French, not Naiadease.

Percy told them where they were going and before he could even finish, the naiads each chose a canoe and began pushing them up the river.

They started so fast Grover fell into his canoe with his hooves sticking up in the air.

Cassie laughed but then Percy shook the boat so she almost fell into the water.

Soon they left that place behind, Bianca included.

The cliffs along the river were getting taller. Long shadows fell across the water, making it a lot colder, even though the day was bright.

"So..." Cassie drummed her fingers against her thighs. "What did Aphrodite tell you?"

She was curious, Cassie wondered if Aphrodite had told Percy the same thing as her.

Percy blushed, "nothing much," but then he set his jaw thinking about something. "How did you meet Ethan?"

That surprised Cassie. "Hermes cabin."

Cassie felt Percy's emotions, there was some anger, some sorrow over Bianca, but there was one that called her attention... jealousy?

But it couldn't be, Percy and Cassie were best friends. Besides, he had no reason to be jealous over Ethan..

Cassie decided to ignore it, those feelings were far too confusing. She didn't want to risk her friendship with Percy, she loved him too much to try and figure her own feelings out.

No, she and Percy were friends, best friends.

She turned to Zoë. "We saw you in a dream," which was a pretty weird sentence to say, but they were demigods after all.

Zoë sighed eyeing Riptide in Percy's hand.  "It was a gift. And a mistake."

"Who was the hero?" Cassie asked softly.

Zoë shook her head. "Do not make me say his name. I swore never to speak it again."

"You act like we should know him." Percy said.

"I am sure you do, hero. Don't all you boys want to be just like him?" Her voice bitter.

"Your mother was a water goddess?" Cassie tried to make sense of things.

"Yes, Pleione. She had five daughters. My sisters and I. The Hesperides."

"Ooh the chicks at the garden with the apples and the dragon."

"Yes, the chicks," Zoë cringed. "And Ladon."

"But weren't there only four sisters?" Percy asked.