𝐱𝐢. travis and katie sitting in a tree...

THEY managed to save Rachel

"You saved my life," Rachel said looking at them in awe.

Cassie clutched the part of her stomach where she had been stabbed, for some reason it suddenly hurt— like thousands of tiny needles pressuring her stomach— but she ignored it.

"Yeah, well— let's not make a habit of it."

"I—" Rachel glanced at Percy. "I had to be here. I knew Percy was in trouble."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have some injured friends I've got to tend to. Glad you could stop by, Rachel." Cassie looked at Annabeth. "You coming?"

The blonde didn't hesitate. "Sure."

"Cassie—" Percy called.

They stormed off, arms linked and all, as if to say were collectively pissed.

Cassie looked at Annabeth while they walked into their little set-up-camp. "Was I too harsh?"

Annabeth shrugged. "Maybe, but she did fly into an active war zone without knowledge on how to fly a helicopter."

"Cassie!"

The girls turned around.

The Stoll's were coming directly at them, Annabeth unlinked her arm, "that's your thing— I'm going to check up on my siblings."

Cassie smiled at the blonde. "Good luck." And it wasn't good luck as in to see your siblings, it was good luck as in we may die tonight, and if I say goodbye we'll make it more real.

Annabeth knew and answered back, "good luck."

Cassie walked to the siblings, "hey, lots of monster-killing?"

Connor grinned like a child on Christmas day. "There was this massive hellhound—"

Travis shook his head. "Tell her the other thing."

"Oooh," he shuffled something in his pocket, and pulled out the biggest candy bag Cassie had ever seen in her life, with all sort of candy inside. "We just saw the candy store and couldn't help ourselves..."

Cassie laughed. "Aren't you scared Katie will go after you two?"

Travis blushed, "oh well—"

Connor gave him a playful nudge, "he totally has a crush on her."

Cassie agreed, "oh yeah, and Katie..." Travis looked intently at her, "may like you back."