Chapter 27: About Alora.

ENZO

Dad called me and asked to meet. He didn't tell me the reason. If it was any matter of work, he would have told me. I wonder what it is.

So I came home.

Even though I have a different place of my own the place where mom and dad are is called real home.

"Good to see you, son," Dad said, patting me on my shoulder.

To be honest, it's difficult to hug him. Both of us don't like hugs. Yeah, it's different in the case of mom. We never refuse her for a hug or anything.

No matter how scary Dad shows himself to the world, only I know how he melts when he sees Mom.

It may sound strange to say, but this dangerous mafia is crazy for his wife.

And sometimes jealous of his son.

Yeah, it is the truth.

As I was going to get seated, I saw my mom. She was coming towards me not walking but running. Her eyes were shining, there was the same smile on her face that only me and Dad could form on her face.

But right now, I noticed her giving an angry stare to Dad before coming towards me and hugging me.

Which means they are bantering with each other.

I got it now.

Seeing her, only one word came out of my mouth. "Mom!"

And I made her cry.

Mom is mom. She is too happy to see me even after just a few days.

The conversation about whereabouts ended.

She hugged me again and I knew Dad would be feeling both happy and jealous right now.

Because now I know the reason behind that call.

Because even though he had called me on some other matter, the real reason was this.

Mom is mad at him about something.

Poor dad, he couldn't convince mom himself, that's why he called me to convince her. Without letting me know of his real intention.

Good trick by him, I have to say.

Sitting on the couch, I watched them carefully. While Mom was looking at the glass table before us, Dad was looking at Mom.

It's not the first time for me to watch their harmless fighting and silent banter.

As much as I am used to it, I also got interested in their silent banter.

I enjoy it.

"How's everything going?" Dad asked, breaking the silence.

I nodded, "Good."

"Your Mom was missing you so much." He said looking at Mom to see her reaction.

"Why don't you come with me then, Mom? You will feel good there." I said to her and watched my Dad's reaction.

It seemed as if both of them were startled by my words but none of them showed that in their faces.

Dad took a deep breath while staring right into my soul.

Therefore, I added fuel to the fire. That's good.

"You are right." Mom spoke. "I was thinking of staying at your place for a few days." She replied within a second.

The smile on Dad's face vanished and he didn't even try a bit to keep it up.

Oh, my poor Dad. Sorry to bother you.