Chapter 35: Betrayed by him.

ALORA

It's time to give a lesson to the people who were on the side of the criminal even after knowing the truth.

Though the criminal is Domenico, he isn't the only one to commit this crime. There is also a person who helped him hide the crime.

I need to destroy that person, too. I have a plan but I can't do it alone. And neither Tim can help me with this.

So I guess now I have no other option but to go to the person who claimed to be trusted, and ask for some helpful act.

He hadn't talked about that matter since I told him not to bring that topic in front of me.

And now I am the one who is going to him for the same matter, so that he could help me through this.

Coming to the meeting room as his men told me that I will find him here, I spotted him shouting and yelling on a phone call.

Carlo and Galen were sitting beside him on their seats. They look somewhat triggered.

Instead of disturbing their work time, I patiently waited outside so that anyone could come out and I could finally go in.

When I saw both of them coming out with big frowns on their faces, that moment I realised that something serious might have happened.

Entering into the meeting room, I sat down on the side chair beside Enzo. There was an awkward silence spreading through the room, until I decided to speak first.

I inhaled, preparing myself to say my matter in a logical way and to not look asking for sympathy.

"Uh- I have something to say."

He sighed. "Yes." Not looking at me.

Would it be appropriate for me to talk about the matter when I can see that he is far more disturbed and frustrated than me.

"Are you okay?" My voice came out like a whisper.

He took a deep breath before saying, "Everything is okay."

"I am asking about you, Enzo." This time he looked up at my face. "Are you alright?"

I guess what I am trying to say is that things aren't that important to be fine than a person who is working day and night to keep things fine is alright or not.

For some reason, I end up having some intrusive thoughts when he doesn't reply to me. Like give him a hug or... no, just a hug.

Nothing more, nothing less.

"Yes. Yes, I am- I am fine. It's just work. And I need some time to..."

"Yeah, I can understand."

He doesn't have to explain the reason for his frustration, though I don't know how but I do understand him.

When he finally looked to be feeling better and out of his work thoughts, he was the one who opened up to me.

"I have a common problem like you." Enzo said.

"What are you talking about?"

"Just like you want to give a lesson to the Prosecutor, I have to beat someone as well."

How did he get to know about the prosecutor? As far as I remember, no one should know about this, then how did he...?

"Don't overthink too much. It's Tim who told me." He admitted, giving me a glare.

"Are you still in contact with him?"

After he found out about me and my motive, I made sure to tell Tim that he shouldn't meet with Enzo nor pick up his call like last time. But then Tim said that he is so sure that Enzo won't try to splash water in my plan. And I hope this goes true.