Chapter 33: Fear me.

ALORA

The world is full of miracles and unexpected twists and turns.

Such as getting apologies from the one who does it the least is a miracle to me.

Enzo apologised to me- because I complained that he didn't smile at me earlier.

At first I had expected him to just ignore that matter and turn his back to me so as to not let his ego turn before someone like me.

However, there he caught me by surprise.

He genuinely showed me how sorry he was for ignoring that. Ignoring me.

To my surprise, he even gave me a present as an apology and also said sorry for like ten times or maybe more than that.

By the way he gave me the nicest present which I never expected him to think this smart. But it felt so unusual- and it was unusual for him to act that way for me.

Enzo was truly feeling bad for his actions and I saw it in his eyes. He regretted that so much.

While I feel like I wasn't true to myself. All those times I wanted myself to understand that I wasn't supposed to be mad.

Also for no reason.

The thought of me hyping up just because of not getting a smile from him in return- first of all, I think I am lying.

I am admitting I was lying when I gave that reason for my behaviour but then... the actual, real reason behind that...I don't know what it is.

It kept ringing through my mind on repeat.

I don't know what had gotten into me, what had happened to me that I was so... angry.

On the other hand, he was so calm towards my surprised (pretended) anger.

I just don't understand any of this.

While my unnecessary behaviour confused me, his reaction blew my mind.

Honestly.

Also, the things between us often confuse me.

While Enzo puts on a mask of 'do not care' and shows me, shows everyone else that nothing weird is happening, that it's just so common for things like that to happen. I, on the other hand, couldn't even keep the very same 'do not care' face after whatever he did.

Which was so unpredictable that even my reaction to those things surprised me, leaving my mind with so many questions.

I am even referring to that incident of that girl, with him and their date and the story he told me about her wanting to kiss him while he refused- which I believe is true- as things.

Yes. I believed him.

Because why not? Why would he even lie to me, and also lie about those things? Most importantly, why would he even lie if he talked to me about all that.

He opened up to me in the first place so there's no reason to lie, right?

As much as I can surely tell, I didn't go to him asking for a short explanation of how his date had been... no. He came to me with his story, I listened to him and I believed that.

End of discussion.

The days passing by are a mix of good and somewhat bad for me as though I don't know the exact reason why it's bad, but not because of my negative thoughts, I can guarantee.

No. My thoughts are all okay. They are... behaving fine.

For now.

About the good days- it's because I am around nice people and having them with me is very nice.