Boy, Interrupted (Steddie) Part 1

⚠️ Drug Use/Cigarette Sex/dirty-talk/degrading tones/psych ward -mental illness/talk of suicide⚠️

Steve's POV

I looked between my father and mother repeatedly as we all sat down together for dinner, in disbelief unable to process what is being said to me.

"Steve you're going to go away for awhile we know this program out north in Indiana that will help you"

As my mother continued to talk I just sat there tuning her out. What was there issue huh? Thinking to send me away because I tried to commit suicide? When they never tried to understand me. They would just leave on these long extended business trips and come back hoping I was okay but I wasn't so instead of dealing with it they're putting the blinders up.

Like always

"Son are you listening?" My father cleared his throat from across the table.

"No sorry I was too busy processing that I am going to be sent away" I snapped coldly not bother to look in his direction, playing with the peas on my dinner plate.

My mother huffed from beside me and tried to place her hand on my arm to soothe but I jolted away.

"Steven.." She protested as if I hurt her and I shot her a warning look.

"Son this is just as painful for us as it is for you" My father stated as he reached over to grab the bowl of mashed potatoes.

"I don't understand" I whispered to my plate of food as I was looking down.

"This place is going to help you work through whatever you're going through" My mother reassured, using her baby voice at me.

My head jolted towards her, locking eyes with her.

"What am I going through mom do you even know?" I challenged her, watching as her face looked mortified.

"Thats enough son! We're taking you there up tomorrow" My father raised his voice.

I shove at my plate of food and get up to leave the dinner table, ignoring the protests from my parents. I make my way upstairs to my bedroom, slamming the door shut and instantly feel tears roll down the balls of my cheeks.

I look around my room, feeling like there is a frog in my throat as I am coming to the realizing that this is the last time I will be seeing it.

————————————————————————————

Eddie's POV

"Eddie that's not very nice!" Robin shouted grabbing at the stuffed bear in my hands. I lifted the bear way above my head so she couldn't get it which caused her to go up on her tippy toes to reach it.

"Give it to me now it's important to me" Robin shouted jumping up and down trying to reach for the bear but she couldn't as I was taller than her.
"It's important to me" I mocked her voice earning a sigh out of frustration from her.
"You're so fucking cruel" Robin seethed as she gave up walking towards the couch.
"Oh you say bad words?" I quipped and Robin sprung off the couch pacing at me causing me to back up with the bear clutched to my chest.
"Take one fuckin' step and I'll jam" I stopped looking around the room for something sharp and saw a pen on the nightstand next to me.
"I'll Jam that pen right there in my aorta!" I shouted.

I dropped the bear and in an erratic motion grabbed the pen, placing it on my neck. I watch as Robin sighs, watching me intently with a smirk on her face.
"Eddie your aorta is in your chest!"
I dropped the pen and we both watched it fall between us onto the floor.
"Good to know? I'll make note of that"
"Good" Robin quipped and grabbed her bear quickly off the floor, petting the top of its head glaring towards me.