Boy, Interrupted (Steddie) Part 4

EDDIES POV:

New guy huh? I watched him walk into the common area with Robin, snorting to myself loving the look across his face. He was looking at us like we were all circus clowns. Typical.

what was he in here for?

I snapped out of it when I overheard the table next to me gossiping as they were playing cards, overhearing my name.
"Ay, what the fuck did you just say?" I spat looking directly at one of the four of them.

The group around the table put their hands up in defense looking around at each other.
"Who said my name?" I growled, sauntering towards them.
"You're probably hearing things Eddie" The nurse said from beside me, she was feeding Tonya. Tonya refused to eat so she needed a nurse to convince her.

"Enough Eddie" The nurse warned, dropping her utensils, looking straight at me. She then loudly sighed while getting up from the table. "Everyone listen up! We have a new person everyone say hello to" The nurse shouted getting everyone's attention and looked at the new guy motioning for him to speak.

"My name is Steve" he squeaked, I watched as everyone turned to him.

My eyes wandered down his face and to his neckline, focusing on his freckles.
"What are you in here for?" I challenged, causing everyone to get real quiet.
"Eddie stop" Robin said through gritted teeth.
"Well aren't we all curious?" I questioned looking around at everyone.

I looked back to see Steve looking over his shoulder at me as Robin dragging him away down the hall. Figured. What a pussy.

"Eddie you can't just ask that off the bat I thought we talked about this" The nurse scolded, giving me a look of disappointment.

"Okay Okay! Won't happen again" I said with a Cheshire smirk while putting my hands up.

The next couple of hours flew by, I ended up wandering to the infirmary to see if I could get any more pills out of the pharmacist and nurse that worked there behind the counter.

"Munson, Eddie Munson what are we going to do with you?" The nurse teased as I leaned against the counter looking into their office.
"Come on give me one more pill and I won't mess with anyone for a week" I said, feeling dead serious but I wasn't.
The nurse snorted, rolling her eyes while giving me a knowing look. "You said that last time"
"You know, It's the others you should worry about"

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught glimpse of Steve walking down the hall from my right so I turned around to get a better look and laughed as he put his head down.
"Aww what's wrong? I'm not scary" I announced.

He ignored me, continuing to walk down the hall and I don't like being ignored. "Hey I asked you something!" I shouted, following behind him and stopped as he turned around to face me.

"I am sorry I think we got off on the wrong foot" He said. "I'm Steve and the reason I am in here was I attempted suicide and it failed"

I smiled widely, trying not to let out a laugh but it came out anyways. "Join the club" I tutted.

"Excuse me?" Steve spat bewildered.

"I said join the club baby" I said slowly, getting into his space a little.