Chapter 11: Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me

**play Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me by Motörhead when you see (*) for a better read

Trigger Warning- child abuse

———————

(Flashback) Model City- Miami 1989

* (play song)

"Laurennnn. Where are youuuuu?

Lauren held her breath, curling her body tighter under her bed, feeling her body trembling with fear. She squeezed her eyes shut, balling her fists to her mouth to try and remain silent.

"Stop hiding Lauren. I'll find you regardless." She heard her father slur, hearing his heavy footsteps and the banging noise of the metal bat clanging against the doorframes as he wandered in and out of the rooms in the hallway in an attempt to find his daughter. Mike had drank excessively that night, and the 7-year-old had been playing outside with Sean until she heard the rev of her father's banged up Honda Acura. She had sprinted inside, ushering Sean away and telling him to "fuck off" out of fear of what her father would do if he saw him, before he could hurt them both.

"Laurennnn. Don't be a pussy. Don't make me come and find you." Mike sang, his voice invoking a fear in Lauren so intense, she wet herself, feeling it drip down her legs. She hid her face and accidentally whimpered out loud. That mistake cost her everything that night.

"Found you! You stupid little cunt!" Mike roared, dragging Lauren out from underneath her bed by her arm, almost pulling the bone out of its socket. Lauren shouted in pain, only to receive a strong punch in her mouth. "You thought you could hide from me?! You bastard! I'll fucking show you!" He shouted, shoving Lauren to the floor.

"Papa! Stop! Please! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I promise!" Lauren rushed out, gasping and wheezing from the throbbing pain of her mouth. "Papa!" She cried, tears streaming down her face. Mike towered over her, a predatory glint in his eyes, his gaunt face twisting into a mocking smile.

"Aww. You didn't mean it?" He taunted, grabbing Lauren and hauling her up by her throat. Lauren clawed at her father's hand that was wrapped around her neck. He balled his other fist, and punched Lauren again, this time connecting harshly with her cheekbone, feeling the delicate bone shatter beneath his hand. "That's what you fucking get, you little bitch. Touching my shit."

Lauren closed her eyes, wishing she had never listened to Sean when he convinced her it would be a good idea to just take a cigarette from Mike's stash instead of stealing one from the tiedna down the street. When she opened her eyes, she gasped out of fear when she saw her father grab the metal baseball bat, lifting it up with an eyebrow raised. "Are you going to do that again, Lauren? Or do I need to beat the insolence out of you?" She heard the smile in his voice but didn't dare look at his face. She was worried he would beat her like he did once before because she 'looked at him weird'. (corner shop)

"No papa! I won't do it again. I promise. I- I promise! No... no do-"  Before Lauren could finish her pleading, her father swung the bat, striking her across the face. Lauren's body spun on impact, and she fell face down on the floor, her hands placed on the ground to break her fall. She spat out blood, and a tooth, not realising that was yet another mistake she would make that night.

"Did you just fucking- right. Get the fuck up. NOW!!" Mike bellowed, his body shaking with rage. Lauren's face was already beginning to swell, and she had a large red print on the side of her face from the bat. Her face was tear stained, and her nose was constantly running, along with blood gushing from it like a waterfall, mixing with her snot. Her short hair was wild and messed up. It had been shaven when she was 5 for misbehaving, so it only reached the base of her neck. Mike grabbed her by her hair and whispered menacingly, "Did you just fucking spit on my floor? You little freak! I'm going to fucking kill you tonight, I've had just about enough of you!"