Chapter 39: Burn

**play Burn by Usher when you see (*) for a better read

————————————

2 weeks later...

Hollywood Hills- Los Angeles

"So, any final thoughts, Lauren? Any last things you'd like to share?" Charlotte asked, her eyes gleaming with pride and a huge grin on her face. She regarded Lauren with so much joy, it kind of made Lauren tear up a little. She'd never had anyone believe in her like this. Megan, who sat beside Charlotte, was also sporting her own grin, her blue eyes sparkling with happiness.

Lauren casually sat back on the sofa, her arms crossed over her stomach and her legs spread wide apart. She wore her trademark black leather jacket, her favorite pair of jeans and her combat boots. She had a massive smile on her face, and shook her head. "Nope, I'm chilling." She said, making both Charlotte and Megan laugh.

"Well, for one, I'm glad. I'd had just about enough of your weird sexual fantasies." Megan teased, giggling behind her hand. Lauren joined in and shook her head in embarrassment, remembering all the times she vented about her sexual frustration. But she was glad it was over. Although it was only a 30 day cleanse, Lauren had never felt better. And she was so excited to be able to finally move on.

"I'm so proud of you, Lauren. You've come so far from the brooding, cocky son of a bitch that came in here last month, avoiding all eye contact with me just so you could stare at me all... weird." Charlotte joined in the teasing, enjoying the flushed shade of red that adorned Lauren's cheeks.

"Oh my God. Are you guys done yet?" Lauren groaned, covering her face in embarrassment.

"No, we're never gonna let you live this down. I'll make sure to come visit you at your fancy ass condo in Bel Air at some point, just to rub it in your face." Megan laughed, high-fiving Charlotte while Lauren rolled her eyes. Megan then turned serious, a genuine tender smile gracing her lips. "Seriously though Lauren. I'm so proud of you. I hope you stay sober for as long as you can." She whispered the last part, standing up and pulling Lauren up into a fierce hug.

With a crooked grin of her face, Lauren reciprocated her enthusiasm within their hug, squeezing her arms around Megan's petite waist. She gave Charlotte the finger from behind Megan's back, and chuckled when she pressed her hand against her chest in feigned shock. "Thanks, Meg," She muttered, pressing her lips against her midnight black locks that flowed down her back like vines. "I couldn't have done it without you. Without both of you." She smiled, finally pulling away to embrace Charlotte in a hug.

"You'll do great." Charlotte said, patting Lauren on the back.

"Just don't forget to talk about us in those trashy tabloids you love to grace the covers of so often. We need more publicity."  Megan chirped, laughing at the face Lauren pulled.

"You do know they don't take interviews for tabloids. They just chat shit for a living."

"All the more reason to be papped outside of here. Now hurry up! Before they leave; I called them almost an hour ago."

Lauren laughed out loud at Megan's antics, and pulled her in for one last quick hug, pressing a cheeky kiss on her cheek, dangerously close to her lips. She smirked in satisfaction when she heard her breath hitch, and pulled away before Megan could say anything. With one last smile at the both of them, Lauren made her way out of the room, sending one last glance over her shoulder and walking away.

Lauren paused in the hallway, her footsteps echoing against the sterile white walls of the rehab center. The duffel bag on her shoulder felt heavier with each step, a physical reminder of the weight of the past four weeks. She was leaving this place—finally. A mix of anxiety and hope churned in her gut, fighting for dominance. As happy as she was to be leaving this place, she felt extreme anxiety course through her body. What if she couldn't stay sober? Again? What if Ian had more plans of debauchery that just so happened to involve her, like they always did?